Print

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Disc  (Read 3146 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:37:01 PM »
Yes yes, I've had the disc since December, and about a week ago, I started Majora's Mask on it. I've played the game for N64, so I knew pretty much what to do...
However, there's one problem. About an hour after I started playing, the game froze. I got angry and started again. A few days later, same thing happened. Today, I'm fighting Twinmold in the Stone Tower/Temple, and the game freezes during the cinema of Twinmold dying. Now I have to start all over in the temple since I didn't save in it.
Now the real problem is, you can't really save the game anytime you want. (If you haven't played the game ever, I'll explain.) To save, you need to play the Song of Time and go back to the first day, but doing this in the middle of a dungeon resets the dungeon, which is why I didn't save at all in the dungeon. Now, I have never had my Gamecube freeze on me ever before this, and it only happens while playing Majora's Mask.

Has this happened to anyone else playing the Collector's Edition Disc?

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 11:44:48 PM »
I have heard other reports about the game freezing, yes.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 07:03:52 PM »
Tsk tsk tsk, how could Nintendo do such a thing...

Ah well. Ocarina of Time is better in that you can save at will. Personally, Majora's Mask was way too easy.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 01:56:46 PM »
Wow, you guys must never leave the house!  I've had Majora's Mask for over a year, and I'm just passed the swamp palace.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 07:46:24 PM »
Must never leave the house? You realize it has taken you a year to get about 5-6 (max) hours into the game?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 10:23:31 PM »
I haven't had it freeze, but the framerate is unbearably slow in progressive scan mode (the main thing I wanted it for)...

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 09:18:12 PM »
Eh, I'd love to play something in Progressive Scan Mode but I don't have the technology in my house for that.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 04:53:21 PM »
Ugh, I hate it when the game freezes. The N64 Cartridge froze on me twice in the same room in the Great Bay Temple once.

Uh, yeah....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print