Print

Author Topic: Scientific Theories  (Read 4991 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: February 21, 2004, 01:15:28 AM »
Well, the topic needed its own thread, rather than wallowing in the bowels of Story Boards on a Half-baked Thread created by Sadib.

Where we we...

Ah yes. Time is interesting... I know this sounds weird... but has anyone heard of that cartoon "Time Squad" on Cartoon Network? Very good show, if you ask me. Educational, and funny. Anywho, their "Theory" on time is pretty deep, even though most kids wouldn't get it, merely watching the show for its slapstick humor and jokes. In it, time is represented by a string, and they are at one point in Time, or at one point on the string. TOwards the beginning of the string, it'll start to unravel, and this unravel portion represents a repetition of time in which history doesn't go the way it did in the present time's history. Thye go back to that time, or unravel string to fix the problem. See, that bring sup the whole "Infinite Amount of Universes or Timelines" idea.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 01:34:38 AM »
Whatever.  I don't like scientific theories.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 07:44:59 AM »
Speaking of time, I received the game yesterday I ordered last week: Mario's Time Machine for SNES. I have been DYING for the game ever since I saw a picture of it in an article entitled "Are Video Games Good for You?" in a kids' magazine back in 1999. I still have it, preserved in plastic.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 2/21/2004 5:45:21 AM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 08:53:41 PM »
Markio, time is everywhere. How can you not like time?

Come to think of it, time is pretty stupid. All it does is pass, and it never comes back. You are only at a tiny measure of time for a tiny period of time. TIme is very strange...

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 08:58:10 PM »
There is no such thing as time. It's something humans created to explain memories and change. You can demonstrate this by directing the flow of ions from a flux capacitator into a glass of caffiene mixed with potassium kept at 30 º C in a container made of pixie conductable materials, such as  a cracker jack box.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 09:37:41 PM »
Humans did not create time, but they defined it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 12:32:41 AM »
I agree with MMM and LD.

I say: Time does not exist, it's just our narrow perception of the fourth dimension that causes our belief in time.
At the same time, I think there are multiple timelines being created all the time...

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 03:22:51 PM »
Wouldn't "time" interfere with consciousness? If you were to "stop time", "time" actually wouldn't stop. Your consciousness and actions would move infinately fast, perferably the speed of light. A light particle can move 186,000 miles a second, and in our perspective, it seems to move in no time at all from one point to another. If the light particle had a perspective, everything around it would seem to stop. So "time" is actually a matter of consciousness and perspective.

According to time, there are cases in which people wish that their life would start all over again. They probably already have, they just don't remember it, like in X-Files.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 2/29/2004 1:33:04 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 04:02:27 PM »
To ALL of the people that have posted and to the creator of this thread:

Just live.

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
I agree with Meowrik's second post, and Trainman's post.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 05:44:27 PM »
"Just live."

And this is why science sometimes proceeds slowly.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 05:34:16 PM »
Then ya' got those crazy Mayans who predict the world is gonna end December 23th, 2012. I simply don't see how they can state that... THey never say why or how, and it simply doesn't make sense.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 10:07:17 PM »
Personally, I think "December 23th" is a very scary date.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 07:58:02 PM »
My theory is that chefdude is the infamous marioguy.  I mean, he just made a topic called "Deezer is dead."  And marioguy did refer to himself as "The chef of the fungi forums."  My guess is he made the Deezer is dead story because he's mad at Deezer for banning him again.  I guess I'll have to take marioguy off of my show "SSB LIve!"

Come get some, punk!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 09:55:43 PM »
Yes, t'is a scary date, but another 8 years, meh.

The Mayans were a primitive civilization, so I'm not gonna get too bummed out by that. It makes no sense. Anyone can say "Oh by the way, the world is ending on so-and-so." and you can have a large amount of people believe you. Rememver when everyone said the world was coming to an end in 2000? Hmm... if the world was supposed to end 4 years ago, why am I still here?

It is scary none the less... but stupid... Mixed feelings.

Oh and Chefdude is Sadib. He's been banned already.

Time is strange... I was just thinking about time zones while talking to Trainman, who lives in a different timezone than I.

I was thinking about how the sun is never in the same position of the sky in two places, so time can't really exist. If someone lives on the border of a time zone boundary, their sun is going to be at a much different position than a place near the other side of a time zone, and so therefore, nowhere in the world has the exact same time ever.

Print