Print

Author Topic: Help!! how do you get soda lake?????  (Read 3958 times)

« on: August 01, 2002, 03:31:11 PM »
how do you get soda lake!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 07:04:53 PM »
The secret exit is behind Cheese Bridge's normal exit. Other people say to super-jump off Yoshi under the gate, but I flew under it and got back up with the cape after much horrible dodging of the saws. Now if I can figure out a way to get the key surrounded by walls somewhere in Bowser Valley without Yoshi, then I'd have proved you can get all 96 goals without ever touching Yoshi.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 07:18:28 PM »
Sorry to bring this off-topic, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get that exit. It is, seriously. I use Yoshi 3 times normally in SMW, at the least.

The aforementioned Cheese Bridge
The aforementioned VOB4
Tubular. I find it at least 20x easier.

And of course I always keep him on hand just beacuse, but still, those are the 3 place where I ALWAYS use Yoshi.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 08:58:39 PM »
If it's impossible, how come i've done it? You fly under the platform where the first exit is and you'll find it shortly.

It''s me KinopioToad.
KT:Since sometime in April or May of 2001.
I love me.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 06:17:49 PM »
I meant the Valley of Boswer 4 - Star Road 5 one.

I can do the Cheese Bridge - Soda Lake one... It's just easier with Yoshi.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 06:24:07 PM »
BTW,do you guys no how too pass the goal post and still run around etc.?

Well,just get a cape and start flying.fly mup too the top of the course till you're not on the screen.proceed where nobody can see you and when the screen stops scrolling,go down.when you go back you will see you are past the goal post.*Too escape the glitch*easy,run up too the goal post and luigi will immediatly turn around and you beat the level.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 05:59:43 PM »
Um, what about Mario?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 08:10:56 AM »
Here's a decent walkthru on how to arrive at Soda Lake:

Make sure you come to the level armed!  Have a cape, and a cape in stock.  Any Yoshi would work.  Dodging all the saws, simply get to the midway gate and continue.  You'll arrive at an area where Yoshi cannot grab on to the rope.  Simply fly and use the saws as boosters.  Yoshi cannot be harmed by the saws.  After this, decend below the exit and jump off Yoshi's back right after it and keep going to reach the exit to Soda Lake.  Soda Lake is hard with all its Torpedo Teds though!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2002, 04:27:41 AM »
That's how I pass it. I get a cape (make good use of Back feature), and use Luigi - he's best for this thing, flies high.
The start bridge is long enuff so I accelerated and flied over the gate, but didn't land for the 3-up Moon :(

Soda Lake was kinda easy for me, it wasn't hard to avoid Torpedo Teds (which have cannons unlike Bullet Bills.. or are they cannons?). It leads to a Star Road and to a friggin' small lvl wiiiiith the Yello Yoshi!

If you ask, for what Koopas were made, it's not to defeat Mario, but to give Mario some fun. Other monsters are for this point too.
If you ask, for what Koopas were made, it's not to defeat Mario, but to give Mario some fun. Other monsters are for this point too.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 05:58:50 PM »
It helps if you have the GBA version.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2002, 07:32:10 AM »
I didn't use a Yoshi, I just came with 2 Capes. I got to Soda Lake in 3 minutes.

Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2002, 09:41:27 PM »
I have all the Dragon Coins... :-D
That was a joke.

Print