Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World Special World help!  (Read 2837 times)

« on: May 17, 2003, 03:58:32 AM »
I got this game on GBA, and on one of the Special levels - I think it's the one with YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER written in coins at the end - it's apparently imposible to beat without Yoshi. Bu I can't6 find a way to get Yoshi without using Luigis floating jump, which cant be the only way because Luigi wasn't in the SNES orignal. Can anyone put me straight on this?

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 07:01:36 AM »
Is it the last one?  I have the SNES version, so I might be able to help you out...

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 10:12:39 AM »
That's "Funky", right? the one where there's very little time, but eating the green berries adds more.
Can't you just take a Yoshi in from another level?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 11:03:53 AM »
"because Luigi wasn't in the SNES orignal"

Luigi was in the original, but he couldn't do the floating in air jump.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 08:32:35 PM »
You can beat it with a cape, if I'm not mistaken. Also, the way to get Yoshi in that level is to throw a Koopa shell at the block and then ... I can't remember how you get Yoshi.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 08:37:57 PM »
I always get a blue Yoshi (over at Star World 2) and swallow any shells in Funky to fly. I spit the shell out after it's been in his mouth a while, then swallow it again. The level goes by a lot faster (and more easily). Of course, don't forget to stop for green berries.

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 04:08:34 PM »
And then there's someone like me, who spends about 50 seconds getting Yoshi during a demonstration to a couple of my friends on how to beat Funky (Yes, the shell hitting and cape is I think the only way to get it), and then purposely dump Yoshi in a pit (Yes, I do this on purpose) and sprint to the exit and still make it on time.

Really, all you have to do is run and you should be able to beat it without Yoshi. I think you only really need 100 of the 200 seconds you get for it, either... of course, I'm not sure: I haven't played SMW in about a couple months.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 09:01:50 PM »
I haven't played the game for a while but I think I beat that level without Yoshi. In fact, I can't even rmeber Yoshi being on that level. I have the SNES and GBA versions and I've beaten Funky on both, but I remember beating them without Yoshi. Just sprint through the level. The hardest level in the special world (in my oppinion) is that red firery forest one.

Print