Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Stat Question  (Read 4310 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »
Hey, I've been wondering what the max HP and max Attack you can get in Super Paper Mario is, because I'm going for max, and I hope it's not 999 in each. So, if you guys have any idea, feel free to post here. If you don't know, it's okay.

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to put "Mario" in the title of this thread! Silly me!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:03:02 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
Well, considering you go up in increments of five (ten?), and the majority of the attacks in the game only do about 1-3 damage, I'd say there's probably a cap at 95.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:44:20 PM »
Sorry, I don't understand. You might be talking about another Paper Mario game.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
Oh, whoops, I didn't catch that... well.. nevermind.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »
Anyone else?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
Is there a possible way to look into the ROM and find out? I'd appreciate that.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
Nobody knows! Goodness!

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say both maximums are 255, because that's as high as 8-bit integers go.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 02:10:37 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Wii have a 32-bit floating point and wouldn't that allow it to think of a lot higher numbers?
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 03:05:24 AM »
This is probably true, but in my experience, variables can have different bit lengths. I'm sure the DS has the ability to use higher-than-8-bit-variables, but in SM64DS, you can get no more than 255 coins in any particular area.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »
I've seen a link to a SPM game save with max stats on GameFAQs, but having neither an SD card or a copy of Super Paper Mario I can't say for sure what the max stats are in that file.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:44:04 PM »
Well, I know for a fact that the highest HP isn't 255, because I already have 305. I'm mainly concerned about Attack though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »
Why do you want to know, anyway? Just curiousity?

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 01:51:53 AM »
Hey, I've been wondering what the max HP and max Attack you can get in Super Paper Mario is, because I'm going for max, and I hope it's not 999 in each. So, if you guys have any idea, feel free to post here. If you don't know, it's okay.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »
YESSS!! Sorry for bumping the topic again, but I finally found out that the Max Attack in the game is 99 for Mario, Peach, and Luigi, and 198 for Bowser!!! Now time to find out the Max HP! Wish me luck!

Current Status: 350 HP, 99/198 Attack

Print