Print

Author Topic: Strange memory  (Read 9434 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »
They don't always get sent back to Nintendo.

Wait, I'm a bit confused, sorry. Where do they go if they don't get sent back to Nintendo?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »
Into the hands of the highest bidder.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 07:20:10 PM »
Or maybe someone cleverly makes a copy before sending the original back!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »
Prototypes are so cool. Look at SMS...full of mysteries...

Anyway, the only thing I can recall here is one time when my friend pulled the cartridge out of the N64 one day when we're playing SM64. I almost died laughing at the Bob-omb Battlefield "remix".

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 06:30:39 AM »
That sounds funny just thinking about it.  Do you still have SM64?  Maybe you could record it?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 08:38:39 AM »
Sorry guys, but to me it seems highly doubtful that a store would sell a demo to anyone if it didn't get sent back. In my memory, I am absolutely sure that the three characters were lined up in battle. It may not have been an old prototype, but it most likely was one regardless.

I agree, also look at Super Mario Galaxy's "Star World" in the demos that were available for play at E4All and some other video game stores. It seems like it would have been a totally different game. I like this picture on Good Egg Galaxy. It is very mysterious...

Now for Star World:

Very interesting indeed. I'd like to have seen that in the final game once you beat every file with 121 stars for both Mario and Luigi.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
Ah... "Star World", huh? Oh, man I watched that thing in so many videos... I was surprised not to see it in the final game. I suppose they take things like that out partially because it's just a beta level and partially because they don't want part of the game to be something we already saw over and over in advance.

The book! What does it mean?!

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »
Sorry guys, but to me it seems highly doubtful that a store would sell a demo
The stores don't sell them. The employees take them.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »
*Singsong Voice*  You can get it all on... E-Bay (maybe)!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »
That sounds funny just thinking about it.  Do you still have SM64?  Maybe you could record it?

Yeah, I do still have it, but it was on my friends N64 and game, and I've already destroyed my rare green controller trying to look for cartridge glitches. Possibly, though.

Print