Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 134196 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »
Just getting this out there:

A Steampunk/Clockpunk Zelda would be frighteningly awesome. A modern-day/futuristic Zelda would not.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2009, 07:12:56 PM »
Isn't it kind of steampunk already? Bombchus, giant cannons ... neon lights...
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »
Majora and WW seem to hint towards the time period slowly progressing from medieval to clockpunk. Remember the Magnet Gloves and Seed Blaster from Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2009, 08:25:41 PM »
True: Several aspects of Twilight Princess have that futuristic, quasi-Victorian charm, although it still seems pretty medival in general. It seems as though Nintendo has been blending magic with mechanics in the series, as shown in ancient cannon of yore used to blast Link into the sky. I'd personally rather go without a lump Blade Runner in my Zelda. By the way,

WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MAN-STEALER YOU MAN-STEALER
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
Ghot seem too cybernetic to be steam-punk. Zelda is an anarchistic setting to be sure.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2009, 11:59:02 PM »
Surely you mean "anachronistic"?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2009, 12:15:18 AM »
The fact in general that Mr. Miyamoto has confirmed a new Zelda title for Wii.
If knowing there's going to be another Legend of Zelda game makes you poop your pants I think there might be a misunderstanding of the amount of shock it really takes for such an event to occur.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
Surely you mean "anachronistic"?

I'm inhibriated. What's your excuse.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2009, 12:41:26 AM »
If knowing there's going to be another Legend of Zelda game makes you poop your pants I think there might be a misunderstanding of the amount of shock it really takes for such an event to occur.
Or he just has really weak bowels.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2009, 08:23:54 AM »
Packaged with the next Zelda game: A box of Ex-Lax.

Yes, the time period of the Zelda games is hard to place. It takes place in a fantasy world--and anyone who knows much about fantasy novels, etc. knows that there's all manner of "worlds" where people still ride horses but have invented some kind of fusion--so I guess it shouldn't matter, though. Still, I think the games were pretty good at placing themselves in the little known "mideval-with-lightbulbs" period... and the TP came along with Goron Mines and the Malo Mart. Considering the series as a whole, Boo Dudley was spot-on describing it as anachronistic.

Also, while we're on the topic of steam/cyber/clockpunk (last one's new to me, though I think that kind of falls into the catagory of steampunk), Skytown (MP3) = City in the Sky (TP), but that's just me.

Also also, future-Zelda and OoA/OoS 3-D remakes = YES.

The fact in general that Mr. Miyamoto has confirmed a new Zelda title for Wii.
Oh... I just figured you knew, is all.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »
I'm going to make you guys poop again right now: there's going to be another Legend of Zelda game after the one they just announced!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
Prepre to empty your body of all brown matter: Nintendo has a new Mario-related game planned for Wii! And it might already be in development!
every

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2009, 01:19:34 PM »
TEM, how is a new new Zelda game poop-worthy if a new one isn't? ...Whatever. As for this rumoured Mario title, let's hope you're not referring to Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
For me:

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War:The Child hunts
Fire Emblem:When Elbert died
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: When Ike's army and Miciaih's army  fought each other
Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga:Seeing Bowletta
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time:Finding out Princess Shroob has a sister
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door:The Shadow queen being the Shadow Sisters boss
Super Paper Mario:Dimentio being the final boss

Most things include spoilers for me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2009, 04:43:56 PM »
Looking back a few posts, when I said steampunk, I meant a fully steampunk-styled world. If you think about it, a Hyrule about 300 years in the future from the standard Zelda setting would probably be just like that anyway. Imagine walking out of Link's house at the beginning (or whatever) and stepping onto a crowded cobblestone street with giant zepellins flying overhead and clockwork robots stomping around. Epona could be a prototype motorcycle, and Tingle could be a robot, and you could ride a train to places, and Ganon could have a top hat and pilot a giant mechanical spider!!!

THAT would make me poop myself.
every

Print