Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. Max Score  (Read 5161 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »

I suppose this is an okay picture. It might be a little too big.

As shown in the picture above, the max score in New Super Mario Bros. is 99,999,999(Ninety-nine million, nine-hundred-ninety thousand, nine-hundred-ninety-nine) points. It really didn't take too long to get this many points, especially since I only worked on it about 2-3 days a week for around 1-3 hours on those days.

----------Strategy----------

NOTE: It's highly recommended that you start out the level as Super Mario (The Mario form after you get a Mushroom).

1) Go into World 1-1.

2) As you start out, run to the right and jump to hit the first ? block for a coin.

3) Hit the next block to make a Fire Flower come out, and keep running to the right. You will also bounce on a goomba and hit the next ? block for another coin.

4) Get the Fire Flower for 1,000 points.

5) Continue running to the right, and jump to get the coins.

6) Hit the brick block for a coin. When you land, jump in between the 2nd and 3rd brick blocks to hit them and get a coin from the left one.

7) Jump on the goomba for 200 points, and hold A to stay in the air. Make sure you keep moving to the right while you're in the air.

8) You will jump on the next goomba for 400 points. Keep heading right and collect the 4 coins in the air.

9) Throw a fireball (2 if you want) and hit the ? block for a Mega Mushroom. Keep running to the right. The fireball will hit the goomba for 200 points, and a coin will come out of the goomba.

10) Stop to collect the coin, and hit the ? block above it for another coin. Start running to the left.

11) Let the Mega Mushroom land on you after it jumps out of the ? block. Collect it when it travels its max distance to the right after it jumps out of the ? block so that it doesn't bounce to the left at all.

12) As Mega Mario, head to the right and collect the 4 coins.

13) Destroy the pipe by touching it, and jump to collect 3 more coins and a Star Coin.

14) Keep heading to the right to hit a koopa. There will be a goomba up ahead.

15) Right after you hit the goomba, do a small jump to hit all the blocks above you, along with a koopa and 3 other blocks below you.

16) Keep heading to the right to destroy a pipe and 3 other blocks.

17) As you keep traveling to the right, you will hit a goomba, collect 4 coins, and destroy another ? block. Jump after you hit the ? block.

18) You will hit a goomba, a ? block, and another goomba. You will now fall onto some lower ground. At this point, you should start blinking because the effects of the Mega Mushroom are wearing off.

19) Keep heading to the right. You should hit a goomba, a pipe, 4 brick blocks, a koopa, and another goomba.

20) Right after you hit the second goomba, do a small jump across the gap to get the 3 coins.You can also walk across the gap if want. At this point, hold the R button to make the screen go further to the right.

21) Keep heading to the right, and you'll hit a koopa, 3 brick blocks, and many other blocks.

22) After you hit the last block, jump and try to go a little to the left. The Mega Mushroom should end by now, and you should have 5 1UP Mushrooms at the top of the screen.

23) After the Mega Mushroom ends, you should hit an invisible coin block for 100 points (This step can be challenging, so if you can't seem to do it, then just skip it.)

24) Head right to the flagpole. The 5 1UP Mushrooms should go behind the flagpole to the right if you held the R button.

25) Jump the highest you can when you're standing still, and touch the flagpole when the timer reaches 355. You should get around 15,000 points from the 1UP Mushrooms, 17,750 points from the time, and 20,000 points from the 5 fireworks.

At the end of each run, you should end up with roughly 64,320 points. Each run takes around 34 seconds to complete.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here's the video:

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/Kimimaru4000/?action=view&current=CLIP1132.flv

Sorry for the bad quality. It should still be good enough for you to see what's going on, though.

Good luck to anyone who tries it!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:38:31 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »
Impressive.
If memory serves, your strategy involves world 1-1, yes?  That strategy wouldn't happen to include a mega mushroom, would it?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:08:33 PM »
Yes, my strategy involves using the Mega Mushroom in World 1-1. Would you like me to write up the whole thing?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »
I've shot for the max score in New SMB on a variety of occasions, but I always get sick of it and leave the game for a while, only to regain interest whenever I pick up the game again. :P The main strategy I used was to go through various levels (so it wouldn't get boring) and hit the flagpole when the timer was at *99 to score a massive firework bonus. I think that got me more points than just finishing the level as fast as I could for the big time bonus...

I'd certainly like the full strategy as well. Perhaps I can go for this again.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »
Yes, my strategy involves using the Mega Mushroom in World 1-1. Would you like me to write up the whole thing?

Sure, I'd like to see it, too.

If I might hazard a guess, I'd say you go through the level until you get the mega mushroom, then romp through the rest, filling up your gauge.  Then, you grow smaller just before the flagpole, making sure not to collect the 1-up mushrooms from the gauge.  They give a massive score bonus if they're still on screen when you finish the level.  Perhaps you even time your run just right so you hit the flagpole when the timer is at *99, like Reading said. 

Or is my deduction of about the same quality as one of Pennington's?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Okay guys, my strategy and video are up now.

I actually don't time my run to hit the flagpole when the timer is at 99 for the last 2 digits because I can almost finish another run in that time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:39:20 PM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »
Nice. I notice that the max score is 99,999,999 whereas in most of the other games, it is 9,999,990 or 99,999,990. Hmm...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print