Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine - Flutter Jumping to the Lonely Island with Yoshi  (Read 4295 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:33:58 PM »
Hello everyone. This video will probably show you how useful Yoshi can be in Super Mario Sunshine. In this video, I get to that lonely island across from Delfino Plaza's beach without using boats or glitches, only by using Yoshi's flutter jump. I hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFncFZdZDQ&fmt=18

Also be sure to check out my profile for more cool videos!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »
Well, you've done it again!

So, did you just hit X to dismount Yoshi and like.... glitch back onto him or something?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
You hit X to dismount Yoshi and then press L right after to do a ground pound. Since you stop in mid-air when you ground pound, and since Yoshi stops in mid-air for a little bit after you dismount him, you go back onto him. This isn't as easy to do as it sounds because if you do it too early or too late, it won't work. You have to get it just right. I wouldn't say it's a glitch; I'd say that it's taking advantage of the physics engine.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking you were doing a ground pound, but the animation doesn't occur; Mario just kinda fidgets, so I was thinking, "Wait a minute..."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
I know this is off topic, but I'm still taking video requests. I start school in a week, so I won't have as much time to record.

Print