Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. Online (Alpha Release)  (Read 9054 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »

Hey everyone! For the past 5 months, hydrakiller4000 and I have been working on a Mario Online RPG using the Eclipse Evolution engine! After these 5 months, we are happy to say that the game is ready for an alpha release! Find out more about the game and download it here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,54053.0.html

Visit our website at: http://supermariobrosonline.co.cc

Direct download

Unfortunately, it only works on computers running Windows. I'm sorry, but this is the case only because the Eclipse Evolution engine is coded in Visual Basic 6, which only supports Windows. The server is usually up from 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM Eastern on weekdays and 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM Eastern on weekends. I'll try my best to extend the amount of time the server is up as much as possible.

Here's a quick screenshot:

I hope you guys enjoy it!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:17:28 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
That'd be pretty freakin' sweet if it was polished, perhaps with elementals and such.  I always thought a Mario MMORPG was possible, if not plausible.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
Neat.  Very neat.  The neatest thing to come from this forum for quite a while.  Will you eventually be able to play as someone besides Mario, though?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
You can already choose 6 characters: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, and Toad. So far, I've had some success on my first day, having reached 9 players on at once :). There was already one Mario MMORPG called Super Mario Online that was announced on here by a user named "popibros1." Unfortunately, Super Mario Online did not stay true to the Mario series and was abandoned by the creator, although you can still play it. Other than programmed features, my game excels Super Mario Online in about every aspect. I'll put a direct download link on the first post in case you don't want to sign up to view those forums.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »
I seem to have encountered several runtime errors, one claiming an insufficient graphical device chief among them.  I'm going to have to try this on a computer that isn't a dinosaur (if my folks'll let me download it).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »
Check out the Bugs & Errors list enclosed in the game folder. If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can download a fix here:

http://www.supermariobrosonline.co.cc/uploads/Windows_Vista_&_7_Fix.rar

Simply run the program and it will install the files needed to get the game working. I look forward to your comments and opinions!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:18:06 PM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
Anyone else interested in this?
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »
Possibly, after this semester is over.  I'm just too tied up with work to start anything new to distract me.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
Man, this is awesome but my comp. kinda sucks. Oh well, still gonna try it out. When will there be a Beta?
Also, please, people, stop with the freakin' WinRAR downloads and just use a compressed zip folder. Though I hate Final Fantasy VII, I love the soundtrack and downloaded it.
IT WAS A FOLDER INSIDE A ZIP INSIDE ANOTHER ZIP INSIDE A RAR ARCHIVE! Seriously, how much do you need to compress it?
That's off topic though, and this looks pretty sweet, hope I can expect a full release before June 2010.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:48:40 AM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »
Right now we're not sure when the Beta will be released, but we have a lot of work to do before the Alpha is finished. Many people requested that I put the installer into a .rar file. RAR files are more compressed than zip files.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »
This will be my first and only MMORPG.
You rock dude.
Currently downloading.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:19:43 AM »
For those that don't know, Kimimaru released a fairly large update this past week, including extra armor, a party system, more quests, and a miniboss of sorts.  You guys should try it out some time!

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »
Seems like it's my turn now! it's also my first MMO!
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
I've updated the screenshot on the first post, since we've released another update that included quite a few graphical enhancements. Also, the game has changed a lot since that last screenshot.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »
Does this require Winrar to install?

EDIT: Nevermind, the download finished, and I DO need WINrar.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:43:34 AM by The Guy »
GAY LUIGEH

Print