Print

Author Topic: Mario Vs. Donkey Kong  (Read 3245 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: March 19, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
I know the game is old, but I've recently played it and thought it was great. Now, I've watched some gameplay videos of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, and it doesn't look like it lives up to its predecessor. What are your opinions on these two games? Is my first impression of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 false, or is it true that the change in gameplay has made the series go on a downward slope?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »
1st one, although the gameboy game it was based on still way better then both.
2nd one is more of a puzzle game, a really really boring puzzle game. I should know I sadly own it. But here's a cool fact of the 2nd one. Pauline made her first appearance in over 20 years.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
Personally, I think the predecessor:Donkey Kong for the original GameBoy was the best. The animations shown at the end of each round are much more charming, and represent unique tricks for you to master. It's also much more difficult, and the puzzles actually make you think throughout. Mario Vs Donkey Kong games just feel cheap- not true sequels to such a fantastic game. The puzzles are not much more than jump on a button to turn on different platforms or ladders. In Donkey Kong, you need to really think about each situation and the outcome of it to get by.

Print