Print

Author Topic: I'm Mad  (Read 2914 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« on: February 12, 2004, 09:24:46 PM »
*WARNING: SPOILERS*

People who have played through WarioWare: Mega Microgame$ will know what I'm talking about.

I recently got WarioWare, and after speeding through the game I spent several hours playing all of the 200+ microgames to unlock the final minigame.  I thought it would be something cool...something to reward players for their patience after playing through 200 boring microgames (they're fun when you don't know what's coming next, but when you play the same one over and over, it's a chore).  And what did I unlock?  Pyoro 2, a entirely redundant minigame.  Sure it's fun, but it's exactly the same as Pyoro.  In fact, Pyoro is more fun than Pyoro 2, because you have to consider the delay after launching your tongue.  Pyoro 2 is a complete waste.  Way to end a game on a low note, Nintendo.  I was hoping for something better than all the others...a miniature version of Wario's Woods would have been perfect.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Nintendo expects us to be compulsive unlockers, always trying to unlock everything in a game simply for the sake of unlocking it.  That's not play, Nintendo.  It's work.  I don't buy videogames to do work.

This is not a signature.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 09:51:27 PM »
Thats too bad. But the game's creators probably thought it was more fun than you did. And I am a compulsive unlocker. I hardly ever use Mr. Game & Watch In SSBM but it was fun trying to get him.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 11:05:15 AM »
I'm Markio.  Please to meet you, Mad!

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 02:01:06 PM »
For some reason I really like the Pyoros. I think they're worth it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 02:48:40 PM »
Pyoro is definitely worth it; it's one of the best minigames.  But Pyoro 2 is the same as Pyoro, only slightly less fun.  It's completely redundant and is therefore a waste, and the fact that this redundant minigame was the last minigame to be unlocked means that the game ends on a low note.  The game should have saved the best for last, to go out with a bang.  I think that they should have included another minigame, or if the cartridge was full (and I seriously doubt that it was), then they should have made Dr. Wario the last minigame to unlock.  It's the most fun.

This is not a signature.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 03:53:31 PM »
I'm a compulsive unlocker too. I always want to try and suck all the juice out of a game until it's dry. After that, I either put it on the shelf and it stays there, or(for the fun ones) I can't seem to get the cartrige out of my system!

Quiz: Why did you just read the above post?
a)You were bored.
b)You were stupid.
c)You were curious.
d)You don''t know.
e)All of the above.
f)You didn''t read it.

Think about it.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 08:44:24 PM »
Eh, I hate unlocking things. I only went through the trouble to unlock Pyoro 2 because I wanted to see what made it different. Wasn't very impressive, but I still like it.

n/a

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 04:09:19 PM »
I am a compulsive unlocker, I have beat/unlocked every single part of all the games I own, even if I know what I'm unlocking is crappy, or if the unlocking is incredibly boring (such as unlocking the mini-games in Super Monkey Ball... hours of boring-ness, but that's me...)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 10:54:56 PM »
I take it back.  After playing more of Pyoro and Pyoro 2, I can see what makes them significantly different.  In Pyoro, you get the most point by eating vegetables that are high up on the screen...in Pyoro 2, you get the most point by spitting multiple vegetables out of the sky at the same time.  So if you're playing to get a high score (and why else would you play?), you have to use significantly different strategies when playing the two games.  They're exactly the same, yet completely different...like Captain Falcon and Gannondorf.  You've impressed me yet again, Nintendo.  Though I still would have prefered a miniture version of Wario's Woods.

This is not a signature.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 01:06:29 PM »
How do you legally define a miniature version of Wario's Woods?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 04:12:31 PM »
I don't know...I don't actually own Wario's Woods and have very little exposure to it.  But I wouldn't expect anything complex like a vs. cpu mode.  I would just expect an endless mode with simple graphics, like the Dr. Wario minigame.  But...does Wario's Woods even HAVE an endless mode?  Or can you only play it against computer opponents?

This is not a signature.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2004, 11:07:05 PM »
No no, the normal game is basically a Dr. Mario-like "endless" mode.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 03:39:38 PM »
Hey, I'm borrowing Wario Ware from my friend and I just unlocked both Pyoros. I actually think they're kinda fun. They look a bit like Poochy, and act a bit like Yoshi. Do you think that's what Nintendo was getting at?

Quiz: Why did you just read the above post?
a)You were bored.
b)You were stupid.
c)You were curious.
d)You don''t know.
e)All of the above.
f)You didn''t read it.

Think about it.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 02:49:58 PM »
I've had that game for a year now...but I've only got like 4 other mini-games.

Print