Poll

Who/What is your favorite non-human character?

Toad
5 (21.7%)
Yoshi
18 (78.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Non-human Character  (Read 11171 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 01:47:42 AM »
I like all of Toad's voices. The cool-type voice in MK64 and the croaky-type one in the more recent ones. I don't really remember the MKSC "Ya-hoh!" one, but I don't remember having a problem with it. Yoshi's old Zip-zoo noise was awesome, it somehow fits him and is unlike anything you've ever heard before. MK64 added ways to make it match his feelings... Happy: Za-zipzo-ZIPzoo! Falling off a cliff-Zip-zoop-zugh... But the new one's good too. "Hup! Hoooaaaghh....!"  "Wah!" "A-woah-woah-woah..." I still don't know why he shouts "Yoshi!" but whatever...
Toad and Yoshi are both perfect characters. In the next Mario RPG, where toads have more prominent roles (as do yoshis,) I can picture a toad army where they have camouflage heads and sunglasses, and Bob-Ombs... that would be awesome. Although, they have to fail their job so Mario has something to do. It's been a while since Mario's ridden Yoshi, too... what was it, SMSu?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 10:26:47 AM »

Anyway, I was just more than slightly confused by it.. and why wasn't Toad one of the selectable team captains? Is one of them in the regular game?

No, he is a side-kick you can pick to help your captain. Along with him come hammer bros., Birdo and Koopas.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »
Games I want: Super Mario Strikers
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 11:28:33 PM »
I'm sorry.  I like Toad, but I first saw Yoshi during the period of my childhood where I was intrigued with dinosaurs.

I love Toad's scream in MK64.

Same. I was into dinosaurs when Super Mario World came around, and it's a favorite pasttime of mine to see how many times I could hit Toad with red shells in Mario Kart 64. His screaming voice was my favorite part of that game. That, and seeing the 3D model of Yoshi on the Select Player screen. When I first saw that, I was like "Yoshi's real! ^_^" I still think the 3D models in Mario Kart 64 -on the Select Player screen- are the best models of the main characters ever done. The render of Yoshi in the Smash Bros. Melee opening cinematic where he's running along with the Yoshi pack comes pretty close though.

Loved Yoshi ever since his first appearance, had absolutely no sympathy for Toad.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »
I love both toad ad yoshi. But I love yoshi a little more because
A. He is the star of one of my top 5 favorite games-yoshis island

and B. Toad is being replaced by Toadsworth as the peaches helper.

I think that toad needs to have a game of his own. He as a big enough fanbase and it would be awsome
(Sig under cunstruction)

Sqrt2

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 06:15:07 AM »
Yoshi, no doubt about it.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »
If you can't 100% say Shy Guys, I would have to say Geno from Mario RPG
"Mario toys........... Mario toys EVERYWHERE!?!?!"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 09:00:45 AM »
Wow.  Poor Toad is being beaten by a landslide.  I feel really sorry for the little mushroom, but I still sitck with Yoshi as my favorite non-human.  In fact Yoshi is my favorite Mario character, followed closely by the Bros.  Toad is my third favorite, considering the Bros are tied at second.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
I remember when my siblings and I played MK64, we usually took ownership over a certain driver, and since Toad wasn't taken, I'd always use him.  He was the smallest, just like how I was the youngest!  We were the underdogs together!  My brother that always won was usually Yoshi, and Yoshi's always fine and all, but... Toad and I can rule the world!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »
I've locked the voting, with Toad at 5 votes (-_-;) and Yoshi at 18 votes :(

It seems Yoshi is preferred over Toad. I still don't understand how a character that was introduced 10 years after the Mario series (as a powerup) was started is more popular than one of the most original characters in the series.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 05:34:13 PM »
That's because Yoshi is green and Toad isn't. :D

Seriously, though, it's because Yoshi is cuter. When my sister plays Mario Kart, she always plays as Yoshi. And I owm her with Luigi. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print