Print

Author Topic: It would be awesome if...  (Read 8421 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »
I think Majora's Mask was utter crap. The whole using the masks to turn into different things was cool, but the time limit and the save system were what kept me from finishing the game.. How are you supposed to save?

To this day I don't know why I kept the game for the whole week that I had it, just to start over from the very beginning every single time..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 12:28:33 AM »
Saving happens when you play the Song of Time to return to the dawn of the first day. Everything is reset--except for important items, like weapons, masks, songs, and the bosses' remains. What's so complicated about that? You must achieve something in 144 minutes or less.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:09 AM »
ShadowBringer? Who said that?
Glorb.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I ever legitimately beat the game, start to finish. I mean, I think I've started at least three levels on two different iterations (original--with hologram!--and the GCN remake), but I think I only beat the final boss on my brother's level while he was in the bathroom.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
I actually did play BHA, just for kicks, and decided to name my horse ShadowBringer.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »
Saving happens when you play the Song of Time to return to the dawn of the first day. Everything is reset--except for important items, like weapons, masks, songs, and the bosses' remains. What's so complicated about that? You must achieve something in 144 minutes or less.
Well, you can play the inverted song of time and double that time. I always did.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Yeah, it's 72 minutes normally. I said 144, for the Inverted Song of Time. I wish the Song of Double Time were more of what it claims to be--instead of just taking you to the next sunrise or sunset, it should have made things go twice as fast.
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
What the heck would be the point though?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
You've never done the Kafei side quest, have you? So much waiting around for something, and you can't skip ahead in time because you'd skip an event...
Also, it'd make the postman look pretty funny.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

I guess I just sucked at the game, then.. I never could figure out the save system, and was stuck in what I'm assuming was the first dungeon (helping the monkeys)?

.. which I just realised is similar to the first dungeon in TP (which I got through only needing help like once).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 06:51:03 AM »
Majora's Mask was pretty avant-garde for a game. We need more games with time travel as an actual gameplay element these days. All Things Devours is a good example.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
Yeah, in retrospect, it kinda seems like a Zelda game Nintendo would make if they all turned emo.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »
Glorb.
All right. When you just use the quote tags like that it's a bit hard to tell who said what. Did you ever notice the quote button ()? If you click on that on someone's post, you can quote a post like I am doing now.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect, it kinda seems like a Zelda game Nintendo would make if they all turned emo.
But no one WANTED to get crushed by the moon, except one or two insane NPCs I may have forgotten or Anju and Kafei who simply had no regrets anymore (after you complete the sidequest)
It's YOUR problem!

Print