Print

Author Topic: Whats more of a similarity? (Small spoilers of TLOZ: Wind waker)  (Read 5153 times)

« on: July 30, 2007, 05:35:49 PM »
What game is a greater similarity to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time?

TLOZ: Majoras Mask- All the same looking characters but with diffrent personalities, 3 days to save the world instead of unlimited time (without having to play the song of time), and a tons of masks. The only items are all from Ocarina of time.

TLOZ: Wind waker- Most of the items are from Ocarina of time, Ganondorf is the final boss, an ocean theme.

I vote for Wind waker, the clock theme in MM is too diffrent. Don't forget to post your reasons for your vote!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »
Majora, because it takes place a few months after Ocarina, it features the same Link, and Termina is more like Hyrule than the world above it in Windwaker. That, and pretty much all of the items (save the camera, and powder kegs) are the same as Ocarina's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:45:21 PM »
Majora. The game pretty much ran on the same engine with a different story.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:01:41 PM »
Majora's Mask for reasons stated above.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »
Again, Majora's Mask.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 01:33:37 AM »
What I find funny about this is that Nintendoobsessed claims Windwaker is more similar to Ocarina, yet he states even more similarities with Majora's Mask than Windwaker when giving examples.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »
A link to the past.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 11:14:26 PM »
Marjora's Mask.  Because you get an Ocarina in it.  And play the song of time.  That's gotta be the biggest thing.
"Screw the rules I have money!" - Kaiba, YGO: TAS

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
Majora's Mask, duh. Same system, same graphics, more or less same characters (ignoring the fact that the dev team might've just wanted to not do too much work and just reuse the same polygons, is it supposed to be an alternate dimension, or just some head trip? The most "Japanesy" Zelda, hands down), and Wind Waker takes place... was it 100 years before or after?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »
after.  Hundreds of years after OoT
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »
It was originally 100 years after OoT. I think that got changed with further stuff being made up by Aonuma.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »
He better not be pullin' a George Lucas.
"We'll make it better. Oh, and Shadow link strikes first"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »
It's pretty obvious that it's Majora's Mask(I didn't like the game that much). A little better graphics, Ocarina of Time, Most of the characters are the same, same engine, yeah...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 12:07:50 AM »
I'd have to say MM, I'd say mostly because of the visuals and engine.

But on a different subject; I just started to seriously play Wind Waker(Just beat it today) and i gotta say it is the best Zelda ever. My favorite Zelda game was Majora's Mask, even though I've never beaten it, but Wind Waker is just as good, or maybe better... Anyways, Just wanted to say how much I loved it after I beat it.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »
*gasp*

Why haven't you beaten Majora yet? A game like that should never go unfinished. :/

Print