Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 54335 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »
HEY GUYS LOOK. NEAR THE MIDDLE. IT'S AN ELECTROPLANTON STAGE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzfN53yHXY

also, Pit is a char I think I will ignore. he yells "enenenenenene!" all the time! It's annoying.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2008, 11:44:32 PM »
Yep, I've played on it. If you hit the leaves they turn orange and if you turn them all orange, a flower blossoms at the top. Also, some parts totally look like you can stand on them, but you really can't.

In conclusion, maybe love CAN blossom on the battlefield.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2008, 06:46:29 AM »
I wonder how many people actually played Electroplankton.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »
My mom went through hell to get me a cooy when it came out... and I still haven't played it! :O

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2008, 08:12:50 AM »
I wonder how many people actually played Electroplankton.
I bought it a year or so back. My synopsis (I write little summaries of what I thought about a DS game in the "Notes" section, just for fun): "Fun, but not $40 worth of it".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »
Imagine a Sega Smah Bros. It'd be....50% Sonic characters and then obscureness like Samba de amigo and that kid from Decap attack.

I could see a roster similar to Sega Superstars Tennis, which can be seen on its Wikipedia page. It's 5/16 Sonic characters, but then again Sega's other franchises are nowhere near as successful as Nintendo's; I'm sure that if games such as LoZ and Pokemon were less successful, we'd have way more Mario reps in Brawl, possibly upwards of six.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2008, 06:00:19 PM »
If you count Yoshi, Wario (of course those two are), DK and DK (well, depends on how you think of 'em), there are eight Mario characters. Not grouping franchises or multi-characters, Pokémon is the dominant franchise this time with Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff and Lucario: Six, as opposed to four characters bearing the Mushroom. Even then, Mario is behind Zelda, with five... but who doesn't consider Yoshi and Wario Mario characters?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
Not grouping franchises or multi-characters
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Mario and Pokémon are tied.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
If you count Yoshi, Wario (of course those two are), DK and DK (well, depends on how you think of 'em), there are eight Mario characters. Not grouping franchises or multi-characters, Pokémon is the dominant franchise this time with Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff and Lucario: Six, as opposed to four characters bearing the Mushroom. Even then, Mario is behind Zelda, with five... but who doesn't consider Yoshi and Wario Mario characters?

They are Mario chars. But they branched off into there own little franchises. And they would need there own emblem or icon too. Imagine Yoshi with a mushroom icon..... kinda odd huh?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »
Mario and Pokémon are tied.
...I said NOT grouping them. That is, counting RED as three characters. And not grouping franchises. That is, separating Yoshi and Wario from the characters with the mushroom for an emblem. Last I checked, six and four aren't the same.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »

DK and Wario have had their own successful franchises, with completely original characters, plotlines, locations etc, whereas Yoshi's games either feature Mario/Bowser/both, are set in the Mario universe and can sometimes even be placed into whatever Mario canon the fans decide on; therefore, even though the Yoshi emblem is different, he should be considered part of the Mario universe. (Though, for the next Smash, they could technically put either Kamek or Baby Mario under the Yoshi emblem as opposed to just generalising.) Wario is a bit of a grey area, though; he looks as though he's in his franchises equally, and even Brawl reflects that with the overalls option. So, I guess you could say Mario has five and a half to six characters, which still puts it behind or equal to Pokemon. Still, Toad, Waluigi and Bowser Junior all provide great moveset potential for SSB4 (if it's made) and Mario could retake the lead if it's played right.

btw, to be completely off-topic, here's the ground speed of all Brawl characters: http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brawlspeedchartvp0.jpg

Major WTD at Bowser being faster than Lucario, Ness and Falco.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
btw, to be completely off-topic, here's the ground speed of all Brawl characters: http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brawlspeedchartvp0.jpg

Major WTD at Bowser being faster than Lucario, Ness and Falco.
Maybe it's that Bowser moves fast for his size, but that's still pretty unlikely. Then again, he moved pretty fast when rushing you in Super Mario 64. What I can't believe is that Falco and Wolf are a lot slower than Fox. Hmm, might make me try Sheik again.

I don't think it's any surprise that Sonic and Captain Falcon are at the top of the list. Personally I always doubted Falcon's speed - sure he's fast in his racer, but he can't be that fast on foot... well, I was wrong.

And why is Donkey Kong faster than Mr. Game & Watch? And why is Luigi slower than Mario? And what makes Jigglypuff so pathetically slow? It makes me wonder if they're trying to make Jigglypuff a for-masters-only character.

btw, why the heck haven't I seen any YouTube videos for the entrances of every characters? Not text descriptions, not screenshots, but videos of every character's entrance. Not Subspace Emissary intro, not game opening, but their entrances into a battle. I'm too lazy to look up gameplay videos for every character to compensate. Mr. Game & Watch's entrance is certainly great.
You didn't say wot wot.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »
entrances of every characters?
You mean when the battle starts?

Now that I think about it, When a battle started in SSB, Mario would come out of a pipe, Pikachu would appear in a Pokéball, etc. I wonder why Melee left those out...

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
Maybe they couldn't fit it on the disk?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
Probably

Weegee is in Brawl

Luigi is in Brawl

Print