Print

Author Topic: WiiWare: First Impressions  (Read 4885 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:53:09 PM »
So, as most of you may already know, WiiWare finally arrived to the shop channel today at 12:00 PM. Now, I was pretty excited, because I was assuming Dr. mario would be one of the launch titles, but alas, it wasn't. That actually comes out next week, I just found out. For the rest of the titles, I'm not that pleased. FFCC looks O.K., but I'm not a big Final Fantasy fan. Lost Winds looks O.K. Quite Frankly, I think TV Show Master looks like one of the best ones. I was also expecting Star Soldier R and Pokemon Ranch to be there, too. So, that's just my opinion...

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
it released before 12, I downloaded lost winds at around 8
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »
I wanted to get Defend Your Castle but... it costs 500 Wii Points and I only have 300 Wii Points.

silverstarman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
it released before 12, I downloaded lost winds at around 8

Oh. I didn't know, I had assumed it would be at 12, because that's when VC games are usually put up.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
Oh. I didn't know, I had assumed it would be at 12, because that's when VC games are usually put up.
oh well, now you know
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »
They're called time zones.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
I noticed they were up at 6 AM Pacific Standard Time.  I only have 300 points now and haven't read reviews yet to determine what if anything I'll be getting this week.  I'll post impressions later if I get anything.  I'm looking forward to Dr. Mario and Critter Roundup the most. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

silverstarman

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »
Yeah, I'm dying for Dr. Mario. I can't even express the feelings I had when I found out it wasn't out today :(

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »
I'll probably get Lost Winds.  Looks to be the best of the bunch to me. 

I was interested in Final Fantasy, but it's the most expensive (dollars and blocks) and if you buy all the extra downloaded content will cost at least another $25 and a few more block.  WTD is up with that?

I was also interested in Defend Your Castle, but it appears it would get old quick. 

So, it's Lost Winds for me if I can scrounge up the space.  If not I'll keep playing the excellent Boom Blox.

Wired, IGN, and WiiWare-World all have some reviews if you're interested.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
Lost Winds looked the most interesting to me, although I'll probably get the Final Fantasy one at some point as well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
The best thing about LostWinds so far is that the enemies are called Glorbs.

Yes, I've killed hundreds of Glorbs today.

No Glorb is safe from my windy gusts of wrath.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 04:54:43 AM »
^ Heh heh.

I was also interested in Defend Your Castle, but it appears it would get old quick. 

The X-Gen Studios game?  That "Defend Your Castle"?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »
I can has WiiWare?

Print