Print

Author Topic: Astro Empires  (Read 9448 times)

« on: February 15, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »
Because of tales of the whereabouts of a friend, I'm currently checking out Astro Empires.

Join me if you want. My homeworld Lizaria is located in the galaxy Fenix-56, Region 83, System 21, Astro 41.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
I only expected to sign up for one space-based MMO today, but I don't have to download a 600+ MB client to play this one, so I'll go ahead and try this out.

EDIT: Base location removed for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss right now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:38:13 PM by WarpRattler »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
After less than one day of playing Astro Empires I've discovered a few things:

1. This game is overwhelmingly British.
2. I hate guilds that try to recruit players.
3. I really hate player names with guild names in front of them encapsulated by brackets.

Pretty fun, though. If I thought other TMK people were going to play, I'd form a TMK guild once my economy reaches 20, but...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
I might join this if I decide to become a MONSTER NERD.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »
I actually made an account but then had the same revelation as Glorb.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:49 PM »
I used to play this game with my Uncle, but he stopped playing, and ever since then, I've lost interest. Not to mention you practically need to be in a guild to get people to stop attacking you, and the guildmates get really [annoy]ed if you aren't on top of things. (What do you MEAN you haven't got x fleet yet?)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »
Oh god I started one. Worst part is, I'm way over my head and have no idea what anything does.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »
Okay, guys, I'm at economy 20. I want to say the TMK guild name (if I do end up making a guild) should be "wheres dezzer," but we did that before in another game. Anyone have a better idea? (I already rejected "The Mushroom Empire" as well.)

(Regarding that thread I linked...KoL has changed so much since 2006, the date of the last post. Much of the game has been given a complete overhaul, and with all the content updates we've had in the last few months, there's now effectively something for everyone - including a functional multiplayer dungeon!)

(EDIT: But they haven't changed the Bat Cave quest at all, aside from giving the Boss Bat some bodyguards that drop craploads of Meat.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:11:05 AM by WarpRattler »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »
The Flood

It has the fungus theme and the space theme.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »
I enjoy this game quite a bit, and just started a new account on Fenix. As for a guild name...
I don't know. I kind of liked how Fifth suggested Shroobs.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »
Moon Fungus.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
Oh, and my base location; Fenix-56, Region 86, System 81, Astro 21.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 05:43:10 AM »
Beta-42, Region 33, System 81, Astro 22.

Should I have started in Fenix? Bah...
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
Okay, so I'm on day three. Some thoughts:

1. About ten minutes after starting, I got a message from a guild leader that was basically, "Hey, you seem pretty cool, come join our guild, or maybe not, it's all good." Ten minutes after that, I got something along the lines of "WE ARE THE STROGINOFF WE ARE A PROUD RACE OF WARRIOR ALIENS WE WISH TO ASSIMILATE YOU INTO OUR BORG" or some such.

2. I'm playing AE now the way I usually play startegy games like Alpha Centauri: rushing to build lots of shiny new technology and buildings, and totally neglecting combat-related stuff. Also, I have yet to build a second base.

3. Our guild should totally be called Team Glorb.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »
OK, so, WarpRattler apparently isn't going to make a guild, so I'm going to make one. I need more name suggestions.

Print