Print

Author Topic: Glorb's Weekly IF  (Read 6690 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
Define "ignoring". I forget the exact solution, but I distinctly remember it involving getting the 'Fish to bounce off of several strategically placed and stacked objects, most of which are never hinted at having any importance, without allowing the dispenser to run out of 'Fish and in the alotted time period. I haven't played the graphical versions, so I have yet to know if the difficulty is alleviated by being able to physically see what you're doing.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »
Well, I got through several of those things but couldn't do anything with t-oh God I just thought of something wait a second I'm loading the game up hold on...

Nope, didn't work. Anyway, by "ignoring" I mean I simply kept all of those items with me, stopped bothering with the dispenser, and entered wait commands until I was on the Heart of Gold.

Still no hints, but now that I know the babel fish isn't just a red herring I'll try that some more.

(I'm playing via Windows Frotz, by the way.)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »
Yeah, you definitely need the Babel Fish. I hadn't known that you could get that far without it, though...huh.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »
Still haven't solved the puzzle, though I haven't touched the game in days. Will probably go back to it soon.

Invading Glorb's territory for a second here to say that you can now vote on and download games from the 15th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:58 AM »
Aw man, almost totally forgot about the IF Comp. I'll check that out later, along with this week's update.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
This week: Conan Kill Everything

You are Conan, presumably the Barbarian. Your job is to kill everything around you. This is not as easy as it sounds, but it's also a lot more fun than it sounds. Pretty much the most hardcore IF game like ever invented bro.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »
This week: Aisle

An artsy, one-move game where you play as a man dealing with great personal loss. Basically, everything you do nets you a different outcome; you could easily call this an alternate-timeline simulator.

Really, nothing I say can make this game sound as interesting as it actually is. Just play it.
every

Print