Print

Author Topic: MARIO CCG (or TCG... whatever you want to call it)  (Read 5360 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2002, 06:09:47 PM »
Suggestions:

Call the attack from outside of battle "Indirect Fire".

Rename the creatures Characters and rename the other Characters group (the one with Mario and Bowser) Heroes.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2002, 02:07:46 PM »

Edited by - CeleTheRef on 9/5/2002 1:28:06 PM

Cele the Ref

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2002, 02:10:23 PM »
okay, I'll call my game "Mario Ultra Customizable Card gAme" (MUCCA, meaning "cow" in italian) until I find a better name.  It was supposed to be a card game with no specific theme but after reading this topic, I decided to add the Mario flavour.

so... Troops -> Carachters   and Carachters -> Heroes.... hum... Wario is not much of a hero, let alone Bowser!    Well, maybe negative heroes!  okay, Chars are Heores now.
Troops will stay Troops, it sounds like a horde of little critters marching toward the enemy. Sweet :)   I'll post a rulebook somewhere so people will be able to help me making cards.

and for the Indirect fire thing... sounds too serious.  I'll stick to something like "in your Combat step, instead of attacking with Birdo, you may strike target creature with ATT=4"  which is not like "do 4 damage" since it follows combat rules.

They are something like this:  after choosing attackers and blockers (MTG-style)
the attacking guy flips a number of coin equal to the creature's ATT and counts 1 damage for each "head".  the defending guy tosses a number of coins equal to its creature(s) DEF and cancels 1 damage for each "tail".  attackers and defenders hit each other at the same time.  It's easier to do rather than to explain.

Hey, I am really curious to learn more about the other card game.  WOW two Mario card games!

54 MUCCA cards made so far.  MOOOO!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2002, 12:48:47 AM »
OK! Once we get a good lookin' couple of cards put together, I'll set up a page that tells about them and stuff... but for now, here's a little bit of stuff we've been brainstorming on...:
Characters have HP, FP, Star Power, Attack Power and Defense Power, which some of them will work in several ways, characters can hold items, weapons, etc., there will be effect/event type cards, which do something depending on Star Power (more detail later), some cards will be drawn to the "FP pile", the amount drawn is dictated by the FP on characters' cards. FP use is generally high, considering the characters' FP numbers. Players will be able to control characters from all sides, Mushroom Kingdom, Koopa Troop, etc., which work in teams. A team from one side under one player's control will not be able to attack people from the same side under another player's control, but they can attack people from another side... those ideas are some of what we've been thinking... more stuff soon.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2002, 11:00:16 PM »
Okie Dokie, well, I've put up a preliminary page... it's not too fancy yet, so don't get mad at me if the picture doesn't load right away... but anyway, here's the address:
http://matthewenterprises.tripod.com/smccg1.htm

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2002, 10:55:08 AM »
"Troops -> Carachters and Carachters -> Heroes"

No, it's like... Creatures -> Characters and Characters -> Heroes.

Duran isn't really a Hero in SCBW, but the game still calls him one.

It's all point of view.

Ex. To a Koopa Troopa, Bowser is a hero and the Mario Bros. are villians.

To a Toad, the Mario Bros. are Heroes and Bowser is a villian (DUH!).

You still should have a name for attacking outside of battle.

How about "Indirect Battle"?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 9/7/2002 10:00:00 AM

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2002, 11:42:15 AM »
I talked about this with some CCG Workshop guys... then I thought of  Hit X  when X is the appropriate value.

Now I have to find a way of avoiding writing  "once per your Action step"  which replaces the tap thing from Magic  (there is no actual tapping in this game)

any idea?

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2002, 09:15:49 PM »
Still, the original idea was ours, and it is now copyrighted. So, you know, you should still be able to work on yours if you want, but for the record, we reserve the right to pitch the idea to Nintendo before you do. Related to this: Here's the address for info on the SMCCG, and you can view all the cards we've done so far. Soon, we will have an online rulebook and more.
http://matthewenterprises.tripod.com/smccg.htm
That was a joke.

Print