Print

Author Topic: Hmm, I'm starting to wonder about the XBox's success...  (Read 1890 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 23, 2002, 12:29:54 PM »
The XBox--the videogame industries' worst nightmare, or a really sophisticated/ultra-powerful gaming machine...you decide.

Here's what Microsoft (at XBox.com) had to say about their biggest marketable product:

-Xbox: The most powerful video game system on the planet

-Over 200 Games by Holiday 2002

-Built for high-speed internet online game play through Xbox Live

-Plays DVDs/CDs with DVD Playback Kit

-Save hundereds of your favorite songs and unlimited game saves with built-in Hard Drive

-Dolby ® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

-Parental controls

Mario Maniac's opinions:
Well, I had no idea the XBox was slated to have over 200 titles planned by the end of the 2002 year. Impressive, I wonder which games will actually be fun...

Parental controls, these are good for monitoring your childs' gameplay habits.

Downloading songs and saving them to the XBox's Hard Drive seems like a cool idea...but don't MP3 players do the exact same thing?
---

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 12:50:25 PM »
"Downloading songs and saving them to the XBox's Hard Drive seems like a cool idea...but don't MP3 players do the exact same thing?"

They do, but let me tell you why it's like that:

Normally, in Halo's Vs. Mode, there is no music, but this feature allows you to make a soundtrack for games to fit your style (ex: Matrix Lobby Theme in the desert-with-vehicles level).

Unlimited Game Saves on the Hard Drive? Yeah, right!

By the way, shouldn't this go in General Chat?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 8/23/2002 11:51:58 AM

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 02:08:39 PM »
The X-box is a great system, little does a lot of people know, it has good games out and more are coming. The song idea and X-box live are great. And the harddrive holds lots of information, not actually unlimited, but alot. Most of the gmaes are sports or crap games, but if you pick up the good ones, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive 3, Decepticon's revenge(some of these arn't out yet)You'll relize it's not all that bad.

I hate you.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 03:27:15 PM »
Well, whatever. The fact is - they're charging more for a system that is essentially worse (than the 'Cube, that is - and I speak in terms of games as opposed to specs). It's actually interesting that you should bring the subject of the X-Box up, as I was reading an article on Digitiser (for those who don't know - it's a page on teletext) this morning detailing how the Japanese think the X-Box 'stinks'... Alright, I suppose it isn't that interesting...

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 10:29:46 PM »
KinopioToad, none of those games are good at all. What were you trying to say?

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print