Print

Author Topic: Is this Nintendo's big announcement?  (Read 1892 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 10, 2002, 08:23:40 AM »
At Nintendo.com, I found an announcement about a special rebate offer on GameCube hardware and games for the holiday season...

Save on Nintendo GameCube, Select Games and Accessories with Nintendo Rebate Offer
Dec/09/02 12:00 PST

Nintendo brings a "Green" holiday to shoppers this season

To make the holiday season even merrier, Nintendo of America Inc. is offering two, one-week rebate offers to help consumers nationwide save when they purchase Nintendo’s popular holiday products.

The first offer allows consumers to save $25 on the purchase of a Platinum, Indigo or Black Nintendo GameCube or Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo GameCube Bundle Pak. The second provides up to $25 off when purchasing a WaveBird wireless controller or select Nintendo GameCube games ($5 off each, up to five items). Combined, these offers could mean as much as $50 in total savings. The offers run through Saturday, December 14.

Consumers can download and print a mail-in rebate form from www.nintendo.com/coupon. Also, a double-sided, full-color, mail-in rebate was included in nearly 30 million Sunday edition newspapers across the country. Rebate forms can also be found at participating retailers.

"Nintendo GameCube, combined with incredible momentum of Game Boy Advance sales, gives shoppers terrific choices this holiday season," says Peter MacDougall, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "The one-week offer is an irresistible invitation to join the millions of gamers who've already discovered the world’s greatest video game console."

More than two dozen of the best Nintendo GameCube games are part of the rebate program, including Metroid Prime, Capcom’s Resident Evil Ø, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4 from Activision, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance from Midway.

The manufacturer’s rebate offer is valid on purchases made between Sunday, December 8 and Saturday, December 14. Official rules for the rebate program can be found online on the downloadable coupons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is Nintendo's big announcement, then I guess it was a bit of a letdown...since we all thought it would be something bigger, like the potential buyout of a big corporation like Sega. I could be wrong, maybe there is still big news that we haven't heard yet.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 11:45:48 PM »
Resident Evil Zero is nothing compared to the greatness of SFA and SMS. But this really has no bearing on this matter...
That was a joke.

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 08:56:17 AM »
Um... I thought that the big announcement was the gameboy player for the gamecube.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 07:26:26 PM »
Maybe it was the gamboy player for the GameCube.

Or, maybe it was that you can get a GC disc of the N64 Zelda: Oot if you preorder the new Zelda: Windwalker games.

Or, maybe even the annoucement by Mario creator himself that Pikman 2 and Mario 128 are in the works.

Who know.  Nintendo has made so many great annoucements lately.

Now, I just hope they give away a sort of Mario Allstars disc with all of the popular nes, snes, & n64 Mario games if you preorder Mario 128...
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 12:29:07 AM »
That would rock.
That was a joke.

Print