Print

Author Topic: Scary Rumar About Mario.  (Read 8116 times)

« on: January 12, 2003, 01:51:21 PM »
I dont know if its true;I heard this rumar from a freind.He says that Microsoft bought mario and there will be no more mario for nintendo!
Plaese only reply if you know for absillutely sure that is not true.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 02:20:05 PM »
Ok, your friend is an idiot. There is no chance in hell that Nintendo would EVER sell their main macsot character to a competiting company. Your friend has just told a very, very unbelievable lie.

SUMMARY: Nope, that's false.

PS: No offense, but it is spelled "rumor".

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 06:42:17 PM »
This sounds like a plan.Your friend is trying to make you buy an Xbox!!!!!!!!!!
He's not your friend,he's your enemy.

Do you know when we die,we''''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 11:41:42 PM »
All hail Nintendo! Crush the evil Xbox beneath your feet! Ah AHA HH@@HAAHA@!
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 06:29:10 AM »
Ok Insane Steve,first of all,I dont give a $#!T how things are spelled.Second of all,dont diss my freind.Third of all,wheres your proof? I can't just take your word.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 06:32:29 AM »
Whoa, what the hell is your problem? You just started writing here, and you're already making threats! Calm down, Insane Steve was just rying to make a point!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 10:01:17 AM »
I'm also pretty new around here. So tell me, is this the start of what you call a "flame war"?
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 05:02:35 PM »
It can lead to that,but if your mature enough,it wont turn to a flame war.Now TWO of my freinds say that they read it off a gaming magazine,and that the main Nintendo dude quit.I mean,the rumor is not scary,acually,we can still enjow mario we will just have to run out and buy an Xbox.Plus,mario is not the only "mascot" of nintendo,we have Link,Samus,Kirby and more!Insane steve is just a...well,fairly big mario-nintendo fan.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 07:09:56 PM »
Nintendo will NEVER give up Mario. Nintendo will eventually rule over Microsoft, and we will be victorious!

Yes! Mario is the Party Star!!
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 07:55:02 PM »
... OK. I don't know HOW exactly I can refrain from turning this into a flame war, but...

(Before I begin, I do not intend this to be a flame post. I intend this as a defense of my side of this argument, and as a forewarning to others about my arguing "abilities". Well, I think they're ok, anyway.)

1. Ok, so I apologize for calling your friend an idiot. Bear with me here; I had said that about 30 people don't deserve to live. 30. At least 10 on this board (No, not 10 that GO to this board, but regarding 10 people I've seen.) I make impulse comments, likely due to some mental disorder.

2. QUOTE - "I don't give a s#!t about how things are spelled!"

Obviously.

freind = friend
rumar = ... you know.
plaese (Yes, I'm pretty sure this was a typo, but.... this is an argument, and I must make a comment (And a pretty low one, I may add) about everything that was said in argument to me. I cannot be told off and made to look like an idiot. I'm not putting up with this crap.) = please
absillutely = absolutely
wheres = where's

3. If you seriously believe that Nintendo would EVER sell their major mascot character to a rival company, I hate to say it, but you are quite gullible. I think your friend has a hidden motive. (I.E., to get you to buy an XBox.)

4. It appears you seem to be following flawed logic here:

"I can't just take your word."

Right, and your friend's word carries just as much weight. In other words, he isn't much more reliable than I am. Sure, you may have known him for a LOT longer than me, and hell, you would probably HATE me if you knew me in the real world, you can't disregard one's person's comments and vigilantly accept someone else's.

5. Gaming magazines??? They tell rumors all the time! A lot aren't true. Let me quote from Nintendo Power magazine. (Well, not quote, but outline the main point of the argument)

Q. Do you think Sonic will ever be on a Nintendo console?
A. Never.

3 years later, Sega goes 3rd party. Need I say more about the veracity of magazines?

6. Yes, I am a big Mario fan. But, I did say MAIN mascot, not "only". I know about other mascots Nintendo uses. But they would never get rid of the character that pretty much made video gaming as popular as it is today.

Well, that was long-winded, and IT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FLAME POST! I don't think I said anything offensive to you in this post, and if I did, I apologize in advance. What did I try to accomplish here?

1. To show that although it is a VERY remote possibilty, Nintendo is more than likely NOT selling Mario to Microsoft.

2. To show everyone that any comments made to me WILL be addressed. I vigorously stand up for what I believe in, and will defend my views with an iron fist.

3. To try to dissuade others from trying to argue with me. (Sorry, but I HAVE to be good at something. I have abilities in arguing. I hear Chupperson is pretty good too. I'd like to have an argument someday.)

PS: All posible spelling errors I made (Ok, you can attack these.)

Argument may be arguement.
Absolutely may be absolutly.

And maybe a few typos I missed.

~~Insane Steve. (And I rarely sign posts on this forum.)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2003, 09:22:06 PM »
I feel I must also say something.
The only possible reason that Mario would appear on Xbox that I can think of is if Microsoft actually bought Nintendo, which is a highly remote possibility at best. Mario is "Mr. Nintendo," as the Mario Mania Player's Guide states. There is no way Nintendo would sell their flagship character, and possibly Shigeru Miyamoto (and the world)'s most famous game character.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 10:15:41 PM »
I must say something as well. Hopefully this won't sound too out of place.

Chupperson, whether or not you are a really smart person I don't know, but you sound like you really know what you're talking about. Your statements are convincing.

If anyone out there is about to say that I'm kissing up to Chupperson, quiet your mind! That would be such a stupid thing to do!! Incredibly pointless! I actually mean what I say.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2003, 10:22:04 PM »
I make it a point to research what I am speaking of.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2003, 11:12:13 PM »
As I did in our apricot pits discussion? Well, I actually researched after I made my bold statement. And my evidence wasn't the best . . .

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2003, 06:37:09 AM »
Hey!Insane Steve,I wasn't trying to start a friggin' argument! This post is about a rumor I heard,I wasnt saying its true...oh,Im sorry,did I affend you in one of my posts?Well,Im sorry,but when it comes to my freinds,I must defend them.And its the internet.In school I spell very well,but on the internet...why should I care?Your obviesly trying to make yourself look like some sort of big-shot...well,heres your lucky day! You win the argument! You win the flame-war! Whatever! Just never post in posts again unless its extremely neccessary.And oh yeah,dont correct my spelling,it just wastes your time.

Print