Print

Author Topic: Mario Adventure Game  (Read 26899 times)

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2003, 06:23:24 PM »
Ok, I'll get going on getting the game started.  By the way some attacks may become stronger after using or while equipped certain items.

Check your progress at: www.geocities.com/marioadventureboardinfo/characters
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2003, 08:06:07 PM »
I say we move North to begin the adventure!!!
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2003, 08:27:10 AM »
Yoshizu will be gone for a while, so I'll put them on CPU control (I'll do their actions until they get back).  Anyway, I buy and equip all the upgrades for both of them.

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2003, 11:03:29 AM »
Ok. I want to equip my stuff too!!
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2003, 12:05:26 PM »
Ok.  By the way, I added spell info to the site.

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2003, 03:34:50 PM »
I have a question:

1. Can I heal other players?

2. If I can, Can I heal them in and outside of battle?

3. How many people are healed at a time with this spell?

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2003, 03:34:51 PM »
I have a question:

1. Can I heal other players?

2. If I can, Can I heal them in and outside of battle?

3. How many people are healed at a time with this spell?

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2003, 04:51:53 PM »
You can heal any one person anytime you want as long as you have the FP.

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2003, 05:46:36 PM »
Event:  Kirby walks by and says to you: "Before you head north, you guys should understand the battle engine of this game.  I'll show you.  As your walking along, you'll encounter monsters like this. *steps to the side and a Goomba is behind him*  Now, an enemy could just go about its business, or it can attack first thing.  Let's say this Goomba attacks Waddle Dee and me. *Waddle Dee walks up to Kirby and the battle commences*.  Now first, the order of fighting is determined by speed.  If my speed is the highest out of all of us (that means the enemy too) I go first.  Let's say I have the highest speed.  I then attack.  I say, 'I'll attack the goomba with my normal attack'.  If there's no problem, there should be a post like this: 'Kirby attacks goomba for X damage.  'X' is my ATK minus the Goomba's DEF.  Let's say my ATK is 3, and the Goomba's DEF is 2.  I would do a total of 1 damage, as long as I don't have any items boosting my strength.  Now let's say Waddle Dee goes next and he uses a spell.  He says 'I'll attack Goomba with my * spell'.  '*' being the spell you want to use.  If there's no problems, there should be a message like this soon: 'Waddle Dee uses * on goomba and causes Y damage'.  'Y' being Waddle Dee's spell damage minus the Goomba's SPDEF.  The reason I say spell damage and not SPATK is because SPATK is only a FACTOR in spell damage (SD).  For example: Mario's fireball's SD is equal to his SPATK plus 2.  Get it?

Now let's say the Goomba attacks me.  My AGI is 4.  That means I have a 1 in 125 chance of evading damage.  Almost all of the time, attacks will hit.  If the Goomba uses a move that would normally decrease my accuracy it would actually just increase his AGI for just me.  Now the Goomba hits me.  The damage is done and... UH OH!  My HP runs out!  So I fall.  Unless there is an item that revitalizes me, I will be down for a week.  Then I'll be revived to full health.  However, I lose half my EXP.  That can be a real bummer if I have a lot.  Anyway, the battle goes on, and Waddle Dee destroys the Goomba.  He gets 3 EXP, and 2 coins.  I don't because I'm fallen.  Let's say Waddle Dee gets a level up.  All of his stats increase a little bit.  Then he gets a boost on a selected-by-him stat (Yoshi cannot pick SPATK or SPDEF).  After that, the game continues as Normal.  For free practice, I'll face you guys if you want...  I'll just be over there."

Kirby's Dojo is now open!  Just North of Mushroom Kingdom!

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2003, 05:46:54 PM »
Event:  Kirby walks by and says to you: "Before you head north, you guys should understand the battle engine of this game.  I'll show you.  As your walking along, you'll encounter monsters like this. *steps to the side and a Goomba is behind him*  Now, an enemy could just go about its business, or it can attack first thing.  Let's say this Goomba attacks Waddle Dee and me. *Waddle Dee walks up to Kirby and the battle commences*.  Now first, the order of fighting is determined by speed.  If my speed is the highest out of all of us (that means the enemy too) I go first.  Let's say I have the highest speed.  I then attack.  I say, 'I'll attack the goomba with my normal attack'.  If there's no problem, there should be a post like this: 'Kirby attacks goomba for X damage.  'X' is my ATK minus the Goomba's DEF.  Let's say my ATK is 3, and the Goomba's DEF is 2.  I would do a total of 1 damage, as long as I don't have any items boosting my strength.  Now let's say Waddle Dee goes next and he uses a spell.  He says 'I'll attack Goomba with my * spell'.  '*' being the spell you want to use.  If there's no problems, there should be a message like this soon: 'Waddle Dee uses * on goomba and causes Y damage'.  'Y' being Waddle Dee's spell damage minus the Goomba's SPDEF.  The reason I say spell damage and not SPATK is because SPATK is only a FACTOR in spell damage (SD).  For example: Mario's fireball's SD is equal to his SPATK plus 2.  Get it?

Now let's say the Goomba attacks me.  My AGI is 4.  That means I have a 1 in 125 chance of evading damage.  Almost all of the time, attacks will hit.  If the Goomba uses a move that would normally decrease my accuracy it would actually just increase his AGI for just me.  Now the Goomba hits me.  The damage is done and... UH OH!  My HP runs out!  So I fall.  Unless there is an item that revitalizes me, I will be down for a week.  Then I'll be revived to full health.  However, I lose half my EXP.  That can be a real bummer if I have a lot.  Anyway, the battle goes on, and Waddle Dee destroys the Goomba.  He gets 3 EXP, and 2 coins.  I don't because I'm fallen.  Let's say Waddle Dee gets a level up.  All of his stats increase a little bit.  Then he gets a boost on a selected-by-him stat (Yoshi cannot pick SPATK or SPDEF).  After that, the game continues as Normal.  For free practice, I'll face you guys if you want...  I'll just be over there."

Kirby's Dojo is now open!  Just North of Mushroom Kingdom!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2003, 06:32:54 PM »
Wait, we get to attack Kirby? NICE. I'll do that.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2003, 06:44:22 PM »
Out for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2003, 06:47:19 PM »
Ok, but it's to the NORTH of mushroom kingdom.  If some people would just come back!!! *major hint*

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2003, 10:10:40 AM »
Ok then, were off to Kirby's Dojo!

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2003, 10:22:02 AM »
Yeah sure, I'll let you guys practice.  The other guys will just have to miss out.

You head north and enter Kirby's Dojo.  Kirby bows to you.
Kirby:  Greetings.  I knew you'd come, so your training starts now.  Let's start with a little practice, shall we?
Kirby leads you to a small arena.  Waddle Dee is meditating in the center.
Kirby: Are you ready Waddle Dee?
Waddle Dee: Yes, master.
Kirby: If you beat Waddle Dee, I'll give you something special.

Battle: Geno's attacks first.

Print