Print

Author Topic: GameCube VS. PS2  (Read 2813 times)

« on: April 14, 2003, 03:59:56 PM »
My friend and I had an arogument of which console was better: GameCube and PS2. I on GameCube's side, my friend on the PS2's side. He says that PS2 has better graphics than GameCube because PS2 is bigger.And it is better beacause it has more rated T for teen games and GameCube has mostly rated E for everyone games. I'm just wondering what you would people would have said.

Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 09:58:34 PM »
Me? I don't care what the rating is as long as the game is fun. Both of the systems have 126 bit graphics (something like that) so both of those systems can't beeat each other graphics. I think the GameCube is better but I believed that beacause I LOVED the games for. I really liked the games for GameCube and that is why I wanted it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 10:16:15 PM »
They are 128-bit systems. That doesn't mean just graphics.
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 12:30:46 AM »
The Gamecube actually has more graphical power than the PS2, at least according to the IGN.com editors.  However, this is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, because the graphics on both systems are so good that any minor differences are barely noticed.  Besides, it's gameplay that makes great games, not graphics.

Given that almost all third-party games are released for all three major systems with only minor differences, what really need to be compared are the first-party games.

So, who makes better games, Nintendo or Sony?  I am not fit to answer this question, because I have never in my life played a game made by Sony.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 11:07:46 PM »
Oh, Nintendo, definitely.
Besides, Sony barely makes any first-party games anyway.
And the PS2's graphics are actually severely inferior to the GameCube's. Less polygons, worse textures and particle effects... blah blah blah...
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 07:19:27 AM »
Ditto.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 06:19:03 PM »
Oh, and another thing. A GameCube you justt need to buy more controllers to play multiplayer. A PS@ (and a PS1) you need to buy more controllers AND a multitap to play multiplayer (3 or more players, anyways). The only game that I've seen for GameCube so far with not-so-good graphics would probably be Animal Crossing. Maybe just because it was produced in Japan. The one graphics thing that bothers me, though, is when things go into other things. Like on AC, the shovel will go into a cliff wall, and that's for every system (except for the side-scrolling games, sort of).

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 06:34:17 PM »
Animal Crossing's graphics are expected to not be that great. Honestly, think how much stuff is crammed in that game! A unique town, different from any other; thousands of items--clothes, furniture, Gryoids, wallpaper, carpet, music, fossils, etc; 200+ town characters; keeping track of it in real time; NES scores; thousands of UCs; and a whole load of other junk all on one memory card! (Which, no wonder it takes up almost an entire one.)
With all that, it'd be nearly impossible and AMAZING if the graphics were excellent. I think it's impressive enough as it is.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 01:00:19 PM »
Well, you know, the original version was for N64, and they ported it to GCN after the N64 died, before they could bring it over here.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 01:52:19 AM »
Gamecube would whup the PS2's @$$ any day!

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Print