Print

Author Topic: Detail features in SSBM  (Read 2241 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: July 02, 2002, 12:16:24 AM »
I just discovered a new (to me, at least) little feature in Smash Bros. Melee:  if you go into the sound test and select a level BGM to play, then go into the trophy gallery, that music will be playing.

Isn't it amusing how many pointlessly random little details like that are in the game?  From the myriad hidden features, and things like fighting Giga Bowser, or the metal Bros. as opposed to just metal Mario, to being able to tilt the screen with the c-stick and use alternate musics for many levels, to the entire concept of the trophies, the sheer number of them, detail of the description and the fact that one will occasionally seem to earn one out of the blue...
Just the fact that they bothered to put all of this stuff in is simply grand.  I wonder what else there is that I've yet to find...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 12:20:27 PM »
I agree with you, Fifth. It's cool that they took the time to put so many cool, little extras into SSBM. However, that's not the reason I dug up this old topic.

My reason is that I'm curious about your signature. It (I think) holds two records for signatures. First, it seems to be the shorter than anyone else's sig. Second, it's the only one you've ever had (as far as I know), making it the longest lasting signature in these forums (?). Is it just a neat, short thing to say, or does it have deeper meaning?

I posted in BORED!! With a pinch of salt.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 07:45:44 PM »
uhh...i knew that already fifth...

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 04:17:02 PM »
I've had signatures before this one.  I used to quote Phish songs (because the lyrics always give to good quotes,) but the signature I had before my current one was even shorter.  It consisted of a three letter word: Aid.  That was referring to the title of a musical track on a soundtrack of a game.  That level happenned to be my favorite level in the game, and the context held some significance to me.  But that was my last sig.

Go Moon!  In actuality, it's from a Genesis game by the name of Dynamite Headdy, developed by Treasure.  Good company, good game.  "Go Moon!" is what's written on the side of these rockets that bear soldiers (in the game's side-scrolling shooter level.  It's a very wierd game.)  Aside from that, it does hold some meaning, simply because I love the Moon.  I dunno if it seems strange, but I'll just look up at it in the sky and smile.  I can't really explain it any more than that.

Well... I guess that's it.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 04:37:32 PM »
I know this is unneccesary, but...

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 4/27/2003 3:44:02 PM

Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 07:32:15 AM »
How did you post an image in TMK forums? Do you know some secret HTML coding or simply hacked into the forums?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 05:32:14 PM »
Mario Maniac, the answer to your questions lies here:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/topic.asp?topic_id=70074&forum_id=500&Topic_Title=Society+of+the+Forum+Secret+Keepers&forum_title=&M=0&S=True

"I know this is unneccesary, but..."

No, not at all!! That's really cool, Fifth! I'm glad to see what this weird game actually looks like, and having "Go Moon" in screenshot is perfect. That DOES look like one weird game . . . what, is the screen composed of transparent metal plating? Weird indeed.
I like the fact that your signature has so much meaning and yet is so concise. To be honest, I'd have to say that it's my second favorite signature. "Go Moon!"

I posted in BORED!! With a pinch of salt.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 06:28:39 PM »
Good grief, Mario Maniac, you've never seen one of us post an image in the forums before? You must not look at very many topics...
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 07:51:03 PM »
No one asked, but I'm gonna answer anyway . . .

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.

Print