Print

Author Topic: Lost Pokemon Episodes  (Read 2435 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: November 22, 2003, 08:17:36 AM »
Yes, I know. Some of you like the Pokemon cartoon (like me), and some of you don't. But I wanted to make this topic anyway. Here are the two lost episodes, and the one that went on the air, but took some editing and re-editing:

Beauty and the Beach
This was the episode the came on the air in the year, 2000. It takes place after the episode with the giant Pokemon.
Reason why this was edited?: While getting dressed, James put on some fake breast. 4Kids thought it was innapropiet for kids to see the breast. The episode took some editing, and then some re-editing, but they finally got to show it on the air.

Legend of Dratini
In this episode, the kids encounter Dratini in the Safari Zone. It also explains how Ash got all of those Tauros.
Reason for this episode being skipped?: It featured some gun stuff. You see, the Safari Zone Warden (AKA Slopoke), had a gun which Team Rocket used to make him backoff. I'm not sure if they shot him or not, though.
Chances it will most likely air on TV?: I really don't know. The episode has been dubbed by 4Kids, but with Pokemon Advance already on the air, WB has no plans for airing it at this time.

Electric Soldier Porygon
In this episode, Ash and his pals encounter the myterious Pokemon, Porygon.
Reason for this episode being skipped?: Well, I'm sure you all heard this before: this is the episode that gave kids seisures. You see, the episode seemed to flash to brightly, and blamed the series badly. After the episode was shown, it was banned from Japan.
Chances it will most likely air on TV?: This one, I am defenatly not sure about. 4Kids did have plans to dub it a few years ago, but now there is no word on it. They said that if they were to air it, they would have to use a dimmer. I really hope they bring this episode on the air, because Porygon is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I think it sucks how I did not get to see an episode featuring him.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 11/22/2003 10:56:04 AM
Professional Paisano here

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »
Oh come on!  Stupid 4Kids!  I would have loved to see Team Rocket get shot at by a warden.

Proud to be an American!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 12:27:55 PM »
I've heard about these episodes, too. I never knew why Beauty and the Beach was taken off, though. Naughty!

It''s-a me, Wario. And I''ve come to take a bite out of Mario''s fame!!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 01:03:38 PM »
I know what you mean, Jman. It's bad enough DiC skrewed up Sailor Moon's American reputation, by making it for little girls, instead of young adults. But does 4Kids really have to do the same for Pokemon? Let's just hope that a few years later, when 4Kids loses the licence, ADV Films will bring all the episodes, uncut (well, okay. They will need to dub the Porygon episode, since it caused seisures), just like they did to Sailor Moon Season 1 & 2.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 05:56:28 PM »
4Kids are on their way to screwing up their 2nd cartoon, Yu-Gi-Oh. It seems to be falling down the same path as Pokemon, but faster. By the second season, it was already being considered as unhip by fickle pre-teens.

A guy one time sent a letter to an author saying "Do you think I should put more fire into my stories?" The author responded with this letter: "No. Vice-versa"

Edited by - nintendofreak on 11/22/2003 4:20:41 PM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 08:29:24 PM »
What? Seisures from a Porygon? That seems about right. All he can know is stuff like Flash anyways.

Fake brests, eh? That's just the Pokemon animators going off the edge.

And the one with the guns. I just don't get it.

-----------------------------
Please Read the Below Sentence

Please Read the Above Sentence
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 09:41:12 PM »
What!? jon changed his sig? Oh well. I'm still keeping my sig, even though it was Alucard who made it up, while using my username. Oh well. Heck, I'm even still going to keep the misspelled "craped" word. Ha ha ha!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 02:47:31 AM »
I already knew about these episodes,I stumbled against them a couple of years ago.
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 02:09:41 PM »
"DiC skrewed up Sailor Moon's American reputation, by making it for little girls, instead of young adults."

...Take out "young," and you'll have it about right. Although I don't know what reputation it would have anyway...

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

Print