Poll

Which Type of SM64DS minigame is your favorite?

A Yoshi Minigame
0 (0%)
A Mario Minigame
6 (75%)
A Luigi Minigame
2 (25%)
A Wario Minigame
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Print

Author Topic: Your Super Mario 64 DS records?  (Read 31659 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2004, 12:10:36 AM »
Yeah.  Post your scores in this thread.  Mark any that are better that the ones at http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/SM64DS.htm and I will put them there.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2004, 12:25:15 AM »
HOW MANY STARS DO YOU HAVE?
 Banned by Deez

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2004, 12:33:23 AM »
I have 51.  Check my list at http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/SM64DS.htm under the second column titled "Luigison's Record".

Edit: THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I REFERED YOU TO MY RECORDS PAGE!  Now stop yelling and spaming the board.  I want this thread as to the point as possible so I don't have to drudge through a lot of pages to check for new records I need to update.

If you want to chat go to the chat room at http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/chatroom/  I'm not much of a chatter so I won't be there or be able to help you with the chat room.  My free time is being used to better my SM64DS records and keep the records page up to date.

Edit 2:  Deezer, can you delete Judd77's post below here?  (Maybe I shouldn't have refered him/her to the chat room.)

Edited by - Luigison on 11/28/2004 9:57:02 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2004, 04:42:09 PM »
Hey, I'm new here, but I just wanted to add some of my records that were higher than the ones on your record page:

Mario's games:

Bounce and Trounce: 56

Wario's games:

Snowball Slalom: 15"53

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2004, 04:43:11 PM »
Just beat my Snowball Slalom record.  New record: 13"95

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »
Soave, I added your records.

I currently have 665 in Mix-a-Mug with 636 coins store up.  I wonder if 999 is the limit.

I added TEM's Mushroom Roulette record now it's back to SM64DS.

Edited by - Luigison on 11/28/2004 3:50:10 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2004, 07:14:50 PM »
Then you have much more patience for Mix-A-Mug than I.
I gave up around 100, and only kept going 'cause I was afraid "exit game" wouldn't keep my score.
Which it did, eventually.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2004, 09:08:35 PM »
Fifth and I were discussing last night how you could get over 150 coins in stage 1.  Entering the level after star 3 will yield a Koopa.  Capturing him in an egg and shooting that egg at enemies will result in a blue coin for each enemy you hit.  Additionally, Wario gets an extra coin for each post he crushes.  Therefore, on star 4, assuming you get crush the four extra bricks (they are here for star 4, not 1 like bpolak said), line up three enemies with the egg, and crush the posts with Wario, you should get 140 (standard) + 12 (4 extra bricks) + 10 (2 extra blue coins from Koopa egg collisions) + 4 (posts) = 166 coins!.  Anyway, I'm going to try to stop playing DS for a few weeks since I have final projects and exams.  I hope to see all of my scores beaten when I return.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2004, 09:34:09 PM »
Will Mix-a-Mug save my high score if I press "start/select" and quit the game? Please check and see for me.

I am now at *952 w/ 1053 coins. I want to see if it will go over 999, but want to take a break from Mix-a-Mug (and update the records) without losing the score that took me so long to get.

Edited by - Luigison on 11/28/2004 7:50:23 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2004, 09:57:17 PM »
It'll keep the score if you pause and quit out, don't worry.

Another way you could use the eggs to your advantage (if a bit tedious):  you could turn every goomba you meet into an egg, then find a place with a lot of bob-ombs (which should respawn each time) and throw the egg at two or more of 'em.  It'd take a while, but even if you only hit two bob-ombs each time, that's an extra coin for every goomba in the stage.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
I just got 1001 stars in Mix-a-Mug.  I quit and it saved my score, but I can't continue from where I left of with 1100 coins.  I can post pics later if anyone wants.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2004, 11:18:20 PM »
So, it might actually be possible to break 200 coins in course 1.  166 previously mentioned + ~30 coins (~15 Goombas * 2 bonus coins from eggs) = ~196, but if you could hit 4 enemies with the eggs...  It would be interesting to see if there's a max coin count of 255 or not, maybe in another level.

BTW, Mix-a-mug maxes at 9999, as do some of the other games.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 11/28/2004 10:25:25 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2004, 09:41:08 PM »
I updated all the scores except for a few remaining Nsider Forum scores, and made a few minor changes to the page.

Does anyone have or know where I can find the small screenshots of the minigames (the little screens from the Rec Room)?

I also want actual screenshots (bottom screen) of Mix-a-Mug so that I can put all the characters pictures together.  How do sites like IGN get the perfect screen captures when the DS doesn't have a video out?  Does hard wiring it like the GBA work?

Are there any mistakes on the page?  I know I have two inconsistancies to correct: Capitalization of level names, and use of commas in numbers over 999.

Edited by - Luigison on 11/29/2004 9:02:02 PM

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2004, 07:43:57 PM »
Shell Smack: 54,790
Metroid Terminator

If you do not have a DS by now, then shame...shame...

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2004, 07:47:31 PM »
Whomps Fortress all stars + 139 coins
Metroid Terminator

If you do not have a DS by now, then shame...shame...

Print