Print

Author Topic: CRAZY?  (Read 3143 times)

« on: December 04, 2004, 10:58:38 AM »
I dont know if im crazy or not, but here it is.
             When I was at my aunts house(referring to my post on Dark Princess's "How I got to know mario")  We would always talk about stuff like we do at TMK(like making mario stories.)  I know we did a heck of a lot more than play mario and stuff.  But I cant remember most of it.  So now I think I'm using mario as a gateway to my child-hood.  And now, the only thing I think about when I do something mario related( or even think about mario)I think of being at my aunts house!  And then that just makes me depressed:(  So please tell me if im CRAZY or not!!!!!

this is the WAFFLE!  The emblem of our land! You can shove it in a bottle or hold it in your hand!
I only watch [adult swim]

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 11:39:58 AM »
No, this a natural tie in your memory. All you need to do is leave your Aunt's house behind, and everything will be fine.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 12:37:09 PM »
Technically it was my Ggrandmothers house.  But I dont know how I can let go of the place that gave birth to my knowledge of mario.*confused*

this is the WAFFLE!  The emblem of our land! You can shove it in a bottle or hold it in your hand!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 02:35:29 PM »
Focus on everything but it. Sure, it's where you first learned of Mario, but then, many people forget where they discover things... You just need to shift your association.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 02:08:39 PM »
I agree with Suffix!
Hey superstarMASIAH, have you ever gone through bad situations at your aunt's house then? Just think about the Mario (related) game you playing, they're fun for sure!

At my childhood Mario games were everywere with me. NES Mario games at the age 7, I was very in-love with Mario, he was in my thoughts on my first vacation in Italy. Mario gameboy games, at school. Wario gameboy games, while camping. N64 mariokart, on vacation in Italy and Gran Dorado parks. Wario BG Advanced in Italy..

So many good memory's.. I'm sure anyone has good memory's of it!
Close the World, Open the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 02:26:35 PM »
I do not get what you meen by "bad situations"?  If you meen into trouble, then yes.  But it was nothing more than a bit of childish mischief.

I AM THE MAN WITH THE SILLY MUSTACHE!!!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 03:07:35 PM »
What makes even less sense, none at all, is that whenever I eat a Cookies and Cream ice cream bar, I want to play Wario's Woods (Puzzle game... you play as Toad and clear stuff with bombs). There are similar triggers for Mario RPG and Tetris Attack, but I can't offhand recall what those are. I don't know if it is the same thing as the aunt's house story, but it might be. Perhaps your mind can link one thing to another? Mario 64 reminds me of a friend's house back when I lived in Illinois (They are in Florida, now, I, in Indiana). I honestly don't know. It's kind of creepy.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 11:49:48 AM »
That is strange.  But I usually relate my childhood gameplay to music.  Such as Stain's "So far away"  I chose that song because it was the song playing when my dad and I whent to visit my aunts house 7 years after they left

I AM THE MAN WITH THE SILLY MUSTACHE!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 10:00:21 PM »
I associate memories with certain things all the time. I think it's just a human thing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 04:33:39 PM »
No, Chup, it's not. I do that, too.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 11:36:25 PM »
Heh-heh...

Print