Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476367 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #1500 on: February 23, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
OK, just curious. I just think I remember reading the manual of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and it saying that Mario was 44 and Luigi was 39. It was a while ago, so I can't fully remember.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1501 on: February 23, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
umm... okay I'm pretty sure they decided now fire comes from mario's mouth but... in the original super mario bros. Mario put his hand over his mouth and shot a fire ball, so yeah I have heard people said it came from his hand, and other people say it originaly came from his mouth. I'm saying hand.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1502 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »
sry miss type i ment to type that they decided fire comes from his hand.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1503 on: February 23, 2008, 11:05:41 PM »

When I played Yoshi's Island, I figured that Mario is only a few moments older than Luigi.
As to how old they are currently, I kind of place them in their early to mid 30's.

Oh, and the fire does come from their hands, or fingers.  In Smash Bros. and NSMB, they throw fireballs out of their hands, while in the early cartoons, they shoot the fireballs out of their fingers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1504 on: February 23, 2008, 11:11:05 PM »
Luigi very clearly coughs out fireballs in the SMAS+SMW version of Super Mario World.
That was a joke.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1505 on: February 23, 2008, 11:19:40 PM »
yes but I'm talking about the first Super Mario Bros.. I know it comes out the hand (finger vs. palms, I vote palms) now. But what was there original intention.

« Reply #1506 on: February 24, 2008, 12:00:57 AM »
The SMB movie represents Mario and Luigi's first entrance to the Mushroom Kingdom. In current games, Mario and Luigi are very familiar with the kingdom and their reputation has become common knowledge virtually everywhere. They've probably been there for at least ten years, putting them around 35 - 40 right now. If the SMB movie were canon, that is.
I'm still trying to come up with theories that make the DiC cartoons canon with the games somehow, along with the idea that the live-action movie's universe is a divergent timeline created when Bowser got stuck in dinosaur times at the end of Mario's Time Machine.

By the way, has anyone suggested putting some of the best ideas from this topic into the Wild Mass Guessing section of TV Tropes?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1507 on: February 24, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut................... who cares that game was horrible.

dosen't that make it invalid..... because it was horrible.... and besides let's just face it there are things you cannot explain like how DOES BOWSER CHANGE SIZE EVERY FREAKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH+(H*61)!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:21:05 AM by Suffix »

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #1508 on: February 24, 2008, 06:03:34 AM »
Whoooaaa, calm down there, partner.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1509 on: February 24, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »
Luigi very clearly coughs out fireballs in the SMAS+SMW version of Super Mario World.
That was the first and last time he's ever done that, though.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1510 on: February 24, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
<offtopic> cosmic_c is the newest member here and he already has a CT! wow! <offtopic>
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1511 on: February 24, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
what is a CT? (off topic)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1512 on: February 24, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
CT is short for Custom Title. Custom titles are those little phrases that appear under a user's name on the board. For example, yours is "EAGLES SCREAM!" Got that?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #1513 on: February 24, 2008, 12:02:03 PM »
sweeet....

« Reply #1514 on: February 24, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
That was the first and last time he's ever done that, though.
And Super Mario Advance 2 retconned that again by changing Luigi's sprites to look more like his Super Mario Advance 1 sprites.
I can forgive the developers for that, however, since it's possible they were working off the original Super Mario World and weren't aware that Luigi's graphics had already been updated.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print