Print

Author Topic: Whats Up With the G3  (Read 1951 times)

« on: March 13, 2005, 10:24:54 PM »
I own two G3 controllers. One wireless and one with a wire. I have had the wireless one for about a year and the wired one for about 1/4 a year. The first game I ever played with the wired one was Mario Kart: Double Dash. However, too soon after I purchased the wired one, I became very disappointed with it.

Both G3's are WAAAAAAAAY too sensitive.

I don't know if this normal, or if there is a way to fix, but I'm just in for responses on this. Is there some specific use for these controllers? The only use I have found for them is for Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as that is the only game I own that I can easily play the game with.

-----------------------------
"Mrs. Techer! If we''re all created equal, then why is your desk bigger?"
-Bart Simpson (quate taken from a Simpsons valentine)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 10:48:54 PM »
In general, third-party controllers = evil.  With the time, effort, and money that it would take to fix the components of the controller to make it work better, you'd be better off just buying an official controller.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:01:13 PM »
Yeah, I really regret buying a Pelican controller. It was cheap, but it's bulky and seems hollow.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 11:25:55 PM »
The only controller I have that is 3rd party is the Ascii Keyboard Controller I ordered from Japan, to type faster in Phantasy Star Online.

Besides the fact that it is huge in length and takes up two slots if you want the keyboard to function as well, I didn't have much problems with it.

My Jet controller's control stick broke after throwing it at a wall after becoming frustrated in Starfox Adventures.

My Indigo controller, for the most part, is fine, but the control stick is starting to go on that as well.

My Wavebird is still in great condition.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »
I have a HORI SNES styled GCN digital controller.  I'm not sure, but I think it is official.  It works nice for GBA games on the GameBoy Player.

The standard GCN controller is my favorite, but I sometimes wish the A, B, X, and Y buttons had a more SNES styled layout.  Also, the digital cross pad is too small, but I rarely use it anyway.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »
Certain Japanese companies, like Hori, are exceptions to the 3rd party accessories suck rule.  However, you have to import their stuff... I really want one of the Anashin2 controllers, but they're so expensive...

Print