Print

Author Topic: Got a Action Replay Pro - hows it work  (Read 1990 times)

« on: July 16, 2005, 04:41:43 AM »
Hi I managed to get hold of an Action Replay Pro, does anyone know how they work.  I can only find codes on the Internet.  Have managed to totally wipe my 3/4 complete Mario RPG trying it out!!! ;0(.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »
What system was it for? If I know, I might be able to figure it out, as I'm a self-tought game hacker :)

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 02:06:45 PM »
it is for a SNES, it has 4 different colour lines for entering codes off the internet and it also has a trainer menu

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 04:05:45 PM »
I've been doing some research, and here's a brief synopsis of how an AR works:
Basically, after you enter the code input (which, by the way, is a hexidecimal code), the Action Replay (or any cheat device, for that matter) will search through the game cartridge's hexidecimal code banks and replace the relevent code section with the code input (the cheat). This will affect the gameplay, sound or graphics in some way. That's about as technoid as I can get. Unfortunatly, I know of no Super Mario RPG Action Replay Pro codes, sorry. I'll keep you informed if I do.

every

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 01:03:15 AM »
Do you know how to actually work it???  What do you do when you enter the code????

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 02:58:42 PM »
You insert the game into the AR, then stick it in the console. Turn it on, and you'll come to the AR screen. If you're adding the game to the list, just enter the name, and then the code. Next, enter the code, and choose to activate it. Choose to start the game and then the code's effects will (hopefully) be applied to the game. I can't go into more detail because I don't know the model of AR or SNES.

every

Print