Print

Author Topic: Which games do you hate?  (Read 5915 times)

« on: August 22, 2005, 03:23:55 PM »
I pretty much hate games that try to always be violent and get so much attention.

I hate:
1.Shooters
2.Third party games that are supposed to be for GCN but aren't
3.Games that people like if they hate even 1 Mario game.(Not Mario games)

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 8/23/2005 10:40:57 AM

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:49:40 PM »
Most games that are based on movies, television shows, advertisement logos, radio serials, anything other than a previous video game in the same series, etc. There are exceptions though.

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 06:03:37 PM »
QUOTE: 3.Games that people like if they hate even 1 Mario game.

So, if I said that I like every game in the world EXCEPT for Super Mario Sunshine, you would hate every game in the world except Super Mario Sunshine, including all other Mario games?

I can't think of any games that I dislike off of the top of my head.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 08:06:56 PM »
All Grand Theft Auto games need to die! Who wants to blow other's brains out and steal their car while shooting up drugs? Stupid. And no offense to those who like Pokemon, but they just got old. I don't like em that much at all. The blue and red games are decent, but not that wonderful. Any games that are made based on a T.V cartoon show suck too. Still thinking, there are a ton of them.

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 8/22/2005 7:12:05 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 08:18:06 PM »
I definately agree with you on Grand Theft Auto, PaperLuigi.  My cousin loves those games, and just sits for hours playing.  It's giving a horrible name to the police, and is obviously influencing violence dangerously around the younger crowd (which is obviously exactly what we do not need any more of).  I wonder who it was that made Grand Theft Auto.  Obviously someone stupid, with a very sick mind.

Ummm…Signature…?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 09:57:10 PM »
QUOTE: And no offense to those who like Pokemon, but they just got old. I don't like em that much at all. The blue and red games are decent, but not that wonderful. Any games that are made based on a T.V cartoon show suck too. Still thinking, there are a ton of them.

The TV show was based off of the games.

I hate Final Fantasy 9 and Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross traded character quality for character quantity, and FF9 was plain annoying.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 10:00:52 PM »
No, no, what I meant was I didn't like games that are based on T.V shows. EX: Spongebob, Dexter's Lab, stuff like that. These games are often poorly made by a 2nd rate company.

EDIT: GTA makes police out to be the bad guy. Why would anyone want to do this? It makes me sick.....

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 8/26/2005 3:40:59 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 10:25:18 PM »
Wow. Final Fantasy IX was one of the best yet. It was easily the best of the Playstation era, excluding Final Fantasy Tactics.

But hey, since a plethora of post-FFVI fans agree with you, I'm not going to argue.

EDIT: It seems I hadn't answered the thread's original question.

Legend of Dragoon

Hate is too strong a word for Final Fantasy VIII, X, and X-2, but I did not enjoy them nearly as much as the rest of the series.

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/22/2005 9:27:12 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 10:27:53 PM »
My greatest dislike is probably for games that aren't fun.

However, if those games don't quite make the top of the list, then the only category above them would be games that are unnecessarily evil (which, in my inconsequential opinion, most M-rated games are).

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 10:56:58 PM »
The tragic story of the game that ruined my life (well, sort of):

Bionicle: The Game for Game Boy Advance.  I got it as a gift, presumably because it was in the bargain bin at CostCo.  I had never heard of the Bionicle franchise before receiving this game.  Apparently, its a LEGO-based sci-fi franchise popular among elementary school children.  I figured, what the heck, it's a game, I might as well give it a try.

I invested (wasted) several hours in the game just trying to overcome its glitchy, barely usable isometric irregularities.  After finally beating a level, I discovered that the game lacked save functionality and I had to write down a password.  I wouldn't have minded so much, if the password had been readable.  But, the game creators decided to display the passwords in a futuristic sci-fi font, in which characters are so blocky and close together that 8s look like Bs, which look like 6s, and Cs look like Os, which look like Ds.  I wrote down my guess as to what the password was.  I tried the password out.  My first guess was wrong.  My second and third guesses were wrong.  Half an hour of inefficient typing later, I finally figured out the password I rightfully deserved...for the first level.

Any sane person would have quit at this point.  I am not sane.

I have since competed over half the game.  Now I am stuck.  I am stuck because I have reached a level with an unbeatable boss.  Why, you ask, is the boss unbeatable?  It may be a lack of insight on my part, but with the game's track record I genuinely believe that I can't beat the boss BECAUSE OF A GLITCH IN THE GAME.

The boss, you see, has a magnet gun that pulls me in so that the boss can shock me.  Under normal circumstances, if the boss successfully pulls me in (which only happens if I let him), he shocks me and I fly backwards, losing an insignificant amount of health.  I can avoid his attacks indefinitely if I wish.  But, I can only damage him if I get behind him, and as far as I can tell I can only get behind him by jumping over him.  THIS IS HOW I HAVE BEATEN EVERY SINGLE BOSS UP TO THIS POINT IN THE GAME.  But, whenever I jump over this particular boss, the game GLITCHES OUT.  The boss's magnet gun starts pulling me in even when he is not firing the gun.  He shocks me, but I don't fly backwards.  I just stand there right next to him struggling like a friggin idiot for FIVE MINUTES as he shocks me over and over again, leading to my inevitable death.  No matter what I press (or don't press), I can't escape and I can't damage the boss further.

So, the solution, of course, is to grin and bear the glitch...and find a way to damage the boss without jumping over him.  Well, I could spend another two hours playing through the level just to get three shots at the boss, but I'd rather not at this point.

Here, firends, is where the story takes a most UNBELIEVABLE turn.

I still want to beat the game.  I'm stubborn and I want to trade the game in so I can get something of value in return for my hard effort, but I want to beat the game first.  So, I decided to use a walkthrough.

The game has no walkthrough.  Not one.  Nowhere on the entire internet is there a single walkthrough for this game.

It is almost as if NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER BEATEN IT WITHOUT CHEATING.  Which leads me to believe that I AM supposed to jump over the boss to damage him...that the glitch is in fact a genuine glitch and that THE GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT.  So I am stuck with the game forever, and it will torment me until my dying days.

I hate this game.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/23/2005 8:57:30 PM

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:33 PM »
I try not to hate games.  Even the GTA games are alright.  I don't like the idea a gang battles and cop killing, but it does have good control, from the few moments I've ever played, and it really is a cool idea to have so many vehicles for use.

The closest I have come to 'hating' a game would be Resident Evil.  Between the locked camera, being forced to "aim" the character, and I was having real trouble with killing the very first zombie.

M rated games aren't always evil.  Though rated high, the 007 games are reltively mild, other than the sexual innuendo between Bond and the Bond girl(s).  It isn't too bloody.  This last one is the best so far, because it centered more on stealth abilities than running and gunning.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 02:03:45 AM »
I will attempt to group my most disliked games into categories.

Square RPGs

The ones I have played, listed in order of least time spent to most time spent:

• FF3/6
  • FF2/4
  • FF7
  • FF10
  • FFTactics (GBA)
  • Chrono Trigger (see notes)
  • SMRPG

FF: None of the FFs really did it for me; I always stopped after a short time. CT: It was alright, I just lost interest after the Magus battle. SMRPG: Rented it, stood it for about 10 minutes (!shock!). Being part of a Mario fan site and all, I forced myself to beat it years later using ZSNES.

RARE games post-DKC1

The ones I have played (or at least tried to), in no particular order:

• DKC2 (meh)
  • DKL (ditto)
  • DK64 (the horror!)
  • Star Fox Adventures (sorry Chup)

I also emulated Banjo-Tooie to get screen shots for the site, but I didn't really play it all that much.

And now I will single out Mario is Missing for being the most boring Mario game in existence. Playing the NES version is about 10 times more painful, if you can even imagine such a thing.

Then there is Wario World. After a trip to Ruby Tuesday for dinner, I watched my buddy play it for a while (I got to try the parts he couldn't beat), then I went home, reheated mom's chicken dinner, and went to bed. Apparently I got food poisoning or something, because a few hours later, I was making hourly trips to the bathroom until noon. And so, to this day, just the thought of Wario World makes me nauseous.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 06:00:54 AM »
I hate video games based off of movies. I also hate games rated above T.

--------------------
"Woo! Flushed! Yeah, back when you was an agent, you used to LOVE gettin'' flushed! You''d be all like, Flush me, J, flush me! And I''d be all like, No... You can''t quit on me now, K..." ~ Agent J, Men in Black 2
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 06:06:22 AM »
I tend to hate most really violent games.
Exceptions:
Turok 2 (My brother got it for Christmas one year and I found it quite fun, especially with that weird mode that changes the textures into many different colors.)

I also hate most RPGs.
Exceptions:
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (This and Paper Mario, I like because it feels a lot more like an Adventure game to me, rather than an RPG)
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II (Wasn't turn based, and had good music)
Pokémon Blue and Yellow (Once again, my brother sort of got me into it)

I also hate most Wrestling games, as I don't enjoy wrestling that much. Actually, I don't enjoy many sports games in general.
Exceptions:
None

I don't enjoy many Strategy games, as some feel kind of like RPGs to me, with their turn-basedness. I like Real-Time stuff more.

Oh, and guys who think GTA is bad because they think it's all violence and drugs, I know quite a few people who own the game (My brother included) who don't care much for the violence part of the game. They like the game because they can roam pretty much anywhere, as the gameplay is completely open-ended. You don't HAVE to be violent, some people enjoy just leaving the city on a bike to do some tricks.

(Though, it is kind of weird to revoke the M rating of a game because of something completely inaccessible unless you used something like a GameShark.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 01:23:21 PM »
Why are you people insulting GTA? It's rated M for a REASON. Just because little kids are playing it doesn't mean that they're bad, it means that those kid's parents are bad. I remember hearing about a woman yelling at an Xbox Live player for cussing in a Halo 2 game her son was playing. Mind you, it was 3 in the morning, and it was an M-rated game being played by a little kid. So I think the mom is at fault here, not the programmers' for making an appropriately-rated game. And why do you think that people who play and make these games are sick, crazy, violent people themselves? I play games like Doom 3, Grand Theft Auto, Serious Sam and Resident Evil (all M-rated) and I don't run around blowing off police officers' heads, stealing cars, doing drugs, cutting people up with chainsaws or destroying houses with rocket launchers, do I?

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Print