Print

Author Topic: Video Game Commercials  (Read 7617 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:23:07 AM »
To add to that, Nintendo's ads rarely ever take cheap shots at thier competition, even when the old Sega commercials would usually do. Nintendo Power is a different story.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:32:30 AM »
Gotta be the Japanese Mario Advanced 3 one.  You just can't beat animated Yoshi goodness.
Go Moon!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 08:08:03 AM »
I never saw this on TV, but I remember seeing a Kirby Super Star ad once that mentioned "TMK" in it. It stood for "Too Much Kirby". Of course, the ad made me think, "The Mushroom Kingdom? Why would TMK have a TV ad?"
I'm still trying to find a link to it.

EDIT: KRR has the ad. It can be found here. It's the second one down.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:05:52 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 05:40:30 PM »
I also like the Kirby: Canvas Curse ad with the giant finger and Kirby. It was mild on the humor scale, but still amusing.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 06:54:24 PM »
I found the M&L: PiT commercial quite amusing.  These dads are putting helmets on these toy babies, then the lady goes, "Let's practice some cannon shooting."
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »
I never saw that commercial.

This isn't really a commercial, but on America's Funniest Home Videos, these kids were playing with Pokemon cards and this one kid gets a card and he's all like "BLASTOOOOOOIIIIISE!!! BLASTOOOOOOIIIIISE!!! I GOT BLASTOISE!!!"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
I NEVER see commercials for video games anymore. Then again, I don't really watch TV as much as I used to. I'm usually playing video games or being here. This is where I find out about new upcoming games, and whatever else...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »
I don't really think video games are advertised much anymore. Except on the Internet.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »
Almost no one who plays video game isn't online somewhere nowadays. Seems that way... 
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:22 PM »
I remember the Super Mario Sunshine Advertisement, It was so cheesy and I couldn't get the song that was played out of my head for months.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »
O ho ho...I hated that ad.

I'd say my favorite would be this totally surreal ad for what looked like some RPG. It was around the 90's. I forget the specifics. but it included a shotgun and a mouse. Possibly a mouse with a shotgun.
every

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2006, 10:24:14 PM »
I found the commercial I was talking about.. it turns out it's not for Walmart, but Pepsi!

Here's a link (hope it works..)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3421289438370231153&q=nes&pl=true

I know the quality of the video is kind of low, but you'll get the idea.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »
I liked the PSP commercial that has the guy with the PSP and he changes into different things like a basketball player and some clown-faced military-looking guy.  I have it downloaded onto my computer; you can get it by searching dogpile.com for PSP launch commercial.
-------------

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 01:54:34 PM »
By the way, here is a link to the SSB commercial.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3707190851054834554&pl=true
-------------

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 12:30:10 AM »
The PSP commercial where the guy throws it off the top of the hill and other people catch it and throw it until it comes back to him was SUCH AN EASY TARGET for Nintendo. They could have the guy on the hill throw it off and cut to a guy playing a DS. The guy playing a DS is too busy to notice the flying PSP, so it hits the ground and breaks. The DS player looks at the shattered remains for a second and goes back to his game. Or how about when the PSP comes back to the original owner, he drops it off in a trash can, and the words "No one wants to play it" fade in. I know that Nintendo would never do it, and I'm on the neutral side of the DS vs. PSP "war," but Sony made some pretty terrible commercials for the PSP. Why did that guy get the impulse to throw his PSP off a hill anyway? If I had a PSP I'd never do that.
It's YOUR problem!

Print