Print

Author Topic: Evil Bread: The Game  (Read 4876 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: May 17, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »
If you've been on the Evil Bread topic lately, you may have heard of this. We were thinking of an MMO at first, allowing you to choose your own species and whatnot, but now I'm thinking a kind of multi-genred game. For characters like Hyrulian, The Blue Toad and Ultima Shadow, it could be a sort of action platformer, Glorb's game would be either an FPS or rail-shooter, and The Chef's would be a strategy-RPG kind of game. All the levels would take place in the EB storyline, so the progression would be like in the book: The first level would be the cabin, with the player fighting the Breadites, and then levels like the forest of smilies (remember that?) and the Wild West. Or, better yet, the game could be released in episodes, each telling the same story but through different characters. We could make the Hyrulian/Blue Toad/Ultima Shadow game in Game Maker as a platformer, Glorb's in 2D Shooter Maker as a Virtua Cop-esque rail shooter(or, if the player's system is up to it, in FPS Maker as a full FPS), and The Chef's in RPG Maker, perhaps. This would be mighty ambitious but I think it would really pay off.
Of course, then there's the MMO idea. I think that if we make this one all the game focus should be on that rather than my idea, as it would be quite an undertaking. I'm not sure if it would be text-based or what, but I think the player should be able to choose from the species in the game: Human, Breadite, Glorbanthian, Toad, Elf, and maybe Jupiterian. So anyway, how does this all sound? An Evil Bread game would be great, in my opinion.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 04:29:28 PM »
Well... I don't have any experience in game-making, so... I dunno.

...but it does sound like a good idea.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
That would make an absolute kick-awesome game.  O_O
It would be entirely random, and people would be baffled by the plot and the idea of bread being your enemy, but it would be so cool in the end.
You'd be able to pick your weapon from the Kill-you-five-times Noodle to the Emerald Axe to Super Armor, and so on.
(....but what does MMO stand for?..-_-')   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »
Massively multiplayer online

btw, I think it would make a good RPG as a whole. I can use the RPG Maker line minus 95, but I'm right in the middle of a fangame right now. However, I may be able to help out in mapping.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
I can make that sort of game for you, but I don't have any 3D capabilities or anything too amazing, but I can cover most of it, just give me some sprites the EB storyline and I'm ready to roll.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:08:02 PM »
Well, we would have to edit out the overtly crazy parts like Breadethius taking over Bowser's castle and only leave the parts that would make a good game, but otherwise, yeah. I still think a Glorb FPS would be awesome, as would a 2D platformer or, even better, a 2D platforming RPG.

By the way, we still have some sprites of Masher, Blue Toad and Ultima Shadow that Masher so skillfuly made a while back. I've expanded on my original one-frame Glorb sprite, but not by much. Yeah, I'm lazy.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:27:15 PM »
We'll need sprites of The Chef. Too bad Masher is gone now. :( *sob*

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:45:04 PM »
Well, what do you expect The Chef to look like? Isaac Hayes?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »
I could draw a pic and post it, but I don't how to post pics. :(

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 08:08:40 AM »
I learned this information when I was but a wee lad, and now I'll pass it down to you.

1. Go to photobucket.com, tinypic.com (no registration) or a similar picture-hosting site. Assuming you have the picture(s) made, upload the picture(s).
2. Copy the URL to the image itself into a Forums message (i.e., photobucket.com/chefspictureurl).
2. To post the pictures here, paste the URL, highlite it and click the little picture icon in the lower-left corner on the control panel thing (right under Bold). It should now look similar to this: .
4. Voila! Picture posted. It might take a little (or a lot) of trial-and-error, but in the end, it'll work. Just don't give up.
every

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 09:08:33 PM »
Or you can save it to a file on your computer and go to Additional Options down at the bottom of the posting. Then you browse for the picture to post.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »
Oh, right. You could do that.
every

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
I want to have a Completly Circle Face with Blonde-and-Dark hair with brown eyes and a blue tank top and Blue-and-white-shoes just like in real life.And only 3in and 9cnm on the screen.

EDIT:Could I have a game:(?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 04:44:39 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
You're not even in the story.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 05:09:44 PM »
Ok:(but I didn't expect to,I was just just asking!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print