Poll

Should I get Action Replay for the DS?

Yes
5 (45.5%)
No
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Print

Author Topic: Should I get Action Replay for the DS?  (Read 4992 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 04:18:04 AM »
I voted the "Yes" option because its really your decision. However although I own one on the PS2 I don't use it unless it is a last resort when I have been stuck on a level in a game for more than one month of solid gameplay. Or when I am frustrated enough to throw the console out of the window from my 30th floor flat in Glasgow. I would not reccommend using it to cheat online because most online servers now have anti-cheating software such as Punkbuster or similar to detect cheaters and you can get banned from certain servers for using them. However when playing against the AI offline. Who really cares? Its just you and the AI so it really don't matter which method you use to beat a game. In the end - you own the game and you have the right to explore its full potential and features. Prehaps if todays game developers didn't make the AI on some games so annoying and frustrating then fewer people would resort to using the AR or the Gameshark. If you want a couple of examples of annoying games then just play Soul Calibur 3 or Grand Theft Auto: LCS and you will know what I mean. Don't get me wrong - I like challenging games and to be honest I don't like playing short and easy games. But what game developers don't seem to realise is that there is a border between challenging games and frustrating games. It seems more and more games these days are crossing that border in to the frustation area which is bad news for casual gamers like myself that just don't have time to spend playing games 24/7 like game addicts might do.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 05:58:33 AM »
I would say no because it screws up your game memory.

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 06:41:14 PM »
I would say no, but if you have a lot of spare money, then buy a new DS and go for it. But, if you are going to buy some advice, get a PassMe Hack for the DS, and FlashCart for the DS. It's easy to use, and if you use it for about 15 minutes, you will learn how to hack into games. Don't worry the hacking isn't cheating. The hacking is actually good. It allows certain fun things to do in online games. It will allow you to play courses like Waluigi Pinball in MKDS Wi-Fi!

I found out some of the problems with the courses.

Waluigi Pinball-Players look like they are falling when they enter the launcher in the beginning.
Shroom Ridge-Some lag in the tunnels and the cars are frozen in the starting countdown.
Tick-Tock Clock-The hands on the clocks can move uncontrollably.
Palm Shore(Battle Course)-Sadly, battle courses have no hope. You can only play for around 5 seconds.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »
I would say the author made their decision already, and doesn't care about what anyone has to say about this anymore.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print