Print

Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 5263 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:45:21 PM »
I've been thinking to myself. If Nintendo creates another portable after the DS and Lite, how can it be better than those previous portables? It just seems impossible to make a cooler and better portable. I know, we'd all love to have pizza machines and muffin holders with the next portable, but we have to think on realistic terms. What can Nintendo improve? Perhaps built-in cell phones? Organizers? What do you think?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:23:01 PM »
Either a DS Micro or a DS with the screens sideways, like a book.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »
Yes, well, there's always better graphical abilities, better sound quality, looser multiplayer limitations, more compactness, etc. etc. By looser multiplayer limitations, I mean more allowed competitors, more ways to connect worldwide, more allowed distance between players, shorter loading times... etc.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:33:22 PM »
Improved communications range should definitely be coming. We already know that a video reciever is already in the works.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »
I've found myself pondering the same question. Here are my expectations for the Nintendo GS (Grand system, which I think will be Nintendo's successor to the DS.):

- It will feature six face buttons: A, B, C, X, Y & Z.
- It will have an anolog "nub" like the PSP designed like the N64 anolog stick, except shorter and more comfortable for your thumb. It will be located below the D-pad.
- It will be more powerful
- It will use CDs instead of carts.
- It's graphical power will rival that of the Gamecube's.
- It will only have two screens, one of them a touch screen, a microphone and a tilt sensor (Like Kirby tilt n' tumble and the PS3 controller).
- The memory card slot (since it's a disk-based system) will also be able to play DS games.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 09:17:45 PM »
Some more things:
-Better battery life
-LESS DEAD PIXELS
-Enough enhanced remodels. Make it perfect the first time.
- Please, PLEASE! Play MP3s!
-Part of the Virtual Console program, like Wii will be.
-IRC compatibility = win. Cell phones can do it, why can't Nintendo handhelds?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 01:37:21 AM »
The amount of dead pixels isn't really under Nintendo's control. LCD manufacturers will have to independently develop better production methods or something.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 06:03:01 AM »
put a digital camera in it!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 07:59:24 PM »
I've never seen a cell phone that can use IRC. Maybe various instant messaging clients, but not IRC.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:05:38 PM »
Ask n-fani, he uses his cell to log into #tmk sometimes. It MUST be possible.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 11:32:09 PM »

They can.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 12:55:34 AM »
Wargh! Lemme see... M3, yes, I'm planning on buying that later on... but how does it connect from anywhere? Do you have to be near an access point (which would be a computer, with internet and Java, making this pointless)? Yes, that's what it says. Grr! Well, I downloaded it anyway. I can't use it as of now, but who knows, maybe by two years from now, Nintendo will have something you can use to connect to WFC anywhere. That's about when I think I'll have M3. ...Okay, I know deep in my heart how unlikely that is. Whatever.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »
Basically take Robert's post and make everything the opposite except for point #3, and that's what I think.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »
Should I trade in my old ds for the new one?
I only watch [adult swim]

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »
If it still works fine, why?
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »
I've found myself pondering the same question. Here are my expectations for the Nintendo GS (Grand system, which I think will be Nintendo's successor to the DS.)

Hypothetically, if Nintendo keeps going back and re-using the initials of old systems (or system add ons) that didn't quiet work, then the next system to use a name like that should be the.. VRB (I think.. was there a failed Super NES add-on?)

For those that may be lost, the initials DS also stand for "Disk System", a failed device that was going to hook into the original NES, so that more memory could be added to games, to make more things happen (like crystals growing back after being cut with a sword).

On a side note: the Legend of Zelda would have been one of the first games to utilize the DS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »
FDS didn't fail. From what I can tell it was really great in Japan.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »
That is what DS stands for if you were talking about the disk system.  I thought DS as in the hand-held device stood for dual-screen, is this not correct?
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
Uh, I thought the Famicom Disk System was abbreviated as 'FDS'.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »
No I think it's FCM
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print