Print

Author Topic: SPM actor survey (possible spoilers)  (Read 7774 times)

« on: June 13, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
So me and Dad were going to Taco Bell today and listening to a classic hits station and a song by David Bowie comes on and I think "If there was ever a Super Paper Mario movie, wouldn't David Bowie be perfect for the role of Dimentio?" Think about it. If you've seen Labyrinth, you probably know what led me to matching David Bowie with Dimentio. Magical~! :D

This got me to thinking... who would play everyone else? So I decided to put together this little guessing game for Super Paper Mario actors. Da da da daaaaaa~! Let the guessing begin!

Narrator

Deezer says: Morgan Freeman.

Mario

GiftedGirl says: Charles Martinet, of course! The only one able to pull off such a big role is the dude who's been doing it for years.

Peach

GiftedGirl says: I dunno. Perhaps you know?
Boo Dudley says: Meryl Streep as peach.

Bowser

GiftedGirl says: Matt Chapman as Strong Bad as Bowser! Holy crap! XD Reason being that whenever I provide voices for the Paper Mario series, I always make Bowser sound like Strong Bad. It fits. Period.

Luigi

GiftedGirl says: Tony Shalhoub. I mean, he's already played Luigi once. XD
Kojinka says: If it's animated, why couldn't Charles Martinet be both Mario AND Luigi?

Count Bleck/Blumiere

GiftedGirl says: Jeffery Tambor... with Dave Goelz doing the laugh. BLEH HEH HEH HEH HEH BLECK!

Tippi/Timpani

Merlon/Nolrem

GiftedGirl says: Sir Michael Gambon, if you please.

Nastasia

GiftedGirl says: Umm... the lady who does Rouge in Sonic X? Maybe?

Dimentio

GiftedGirl says: I already said David Bowie...

O'Chunks

GiftedGirl says: This is a hard one... let's have... Billy Connolly's head... on Arnold Schwartzenegger's body! XD If it's animated, just Billy Connolly.

Mimi

GiftedGirl says: Dakota Fanning. She's scary enough. D:
NintendoExpert89 says: The voice that came to mind for Mimi when I played the game was that of Cheryl Chase.

Bestovius/Watchitt(it'd be funny if they were played by the same guy)

GiftedGirl says: BOB SEGER. XD I wanna see if he can do a fancy-pants and an old coot in the same movie/show. WATCH IT!

Fracktail

GiftedGirl says: Anyone can sound like a robot. XD

Merlumina

GiftedGirl says: Whoever does Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban. Emma Thompson, is that her name?

Merluvlee/Merlee

GiftedGirl says: For both, I would have to say Missy Palmer. She'd do Merlee's rhymes and be calmer... than I could ever be saying a bunch of lines in crappy rhyme. Ick. Rhyme.

Francis

GiftedGirl says: Who does a good nerd impression...?
Bird Person says: Jon Heder?
Area 64 says: Francis should be played by Dee Bradley Baker. Baker does that squeaky, nerdy voice.

Squirps

GiftedGirl says: I can do Squirps, sqweeee! :D

Mr L

GiftedGirl says: Tony Shalhoub again, but this time, he sounds... eviler.

Flint Cragley

GiftedGirl says: I would say Steve Irwin, but... *sigh* Anyone know any explorers willing to act?

Floro Sapiens

King Croacus

GiftedGirl says: Some girly-man... Elton John, perhaps?

King Sammer

GiftedGirl says: A Japanese dude.
Toad says: Johnny Depp.

Sammer Guys

GiftedGirl says: Another Japanese dude. Yes, for all of them.
Toad says: Deep Roy. It worked in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory anyway...

Queen Jaydes

GiftedGirl says: A sufficiently creepy lady... how's about... Sigourney Weaver? XD

Luvbi

GiftedGirl says: *sigh* I'd be willing to take on this role... -_-;

Grambi

GiftedGirl says: An old guy. ^^;

Bonechill

Super Dimentio

GiftedGirl says: Someone get a voice mixer in here! Splice David Bowie with Tony Shalhoub! For best results, add some Jason Lee!

extras

GiftedGirl says: Frank Welker. He can do any voice whatsoever. XD

So... what do you guys think? I'd love to hear what you guys can come up with.

Idiot warning: Please keep in mind that this is all opinion stuff and that they're not really making a Super Paper Mario movie.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:28:44 AM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
SPOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAAAAAAAAAARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Francis

GiftedGirl says: Who does a good nerd impression...?
Jon Heder?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »
Yeah, you're right...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
Francis should be played by Dee Bradley Baker. Baker does that squeaky, nerdy voice.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »
If it's animated, why couldn't Charles Martinet be both Mario AND Luigi?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »
Well, um... he'd kinda... have his hands full being Mario... since it'd have Mario with more lines of dialogue... and... such...

In short, I didn't think about it. ^^;

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 06:10:53 PM »
I can't really picture Mario to be all that talkative.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 07:04:46 PM »
Morgan Freeman as the narrator.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
XD I haven't laughed that hard since... this morning.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »
All I know is that it would HAVE to be animated.  The only way we'd ever get another live action Mario movie is if they made a sequel of the one we already have.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:37:45 PM »
Yeah, and you can't replicate Dimentio's style in real life. XD

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »
King Sammer

GiftedGirl says: A Japanese dude.

Sammer Guys

That wouldn't necessarily have to be a Japanese person. As I was reading King Sammer and Sammer Guys (before seeing your answers) my first thoughts were: Johnny Depp as King Sammer and Deep Roy as the Sammer Guys.

It worked in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory anyway..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh...

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »
The voice that came to mind for Mimi when I played the game was that of Cheryl Chase. And the Oompa Loompas in CatCF were voiced by Danny Elfman, not Deep Roy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:00:42 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 06:58:45 PM »
How does GG always manage to get away with spamming?

Print