Print

Author Topic: 10 Facts about you  (Read 26113 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
PSX was pretty much better than the N64. In fact, I think the only Sony Console that hasn't been better than the competing Nintendo console is the PS3, which is far inferior to the Wii.
Hey, you all know me, but I'm just going to say that I have no idea why so many people thing the original PlayStation was better than the N64. I mean, maybe everybody I know has a bad crop of games, but almost every PS game I've come in contact with was either a 2-D game, a 2-D/3-D game, or a 3-D game with butt-ugly graphics. Sure, like the PS2, it had a long life, but for how much Sony touted that thing as next-gen, I can honestly say the N64 has far more full-3-D games with better graphics than the PS (and don't even get me started on the the hardware issues...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Proof that 2D is A-OK: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
And maybe a few decent exclusives.

The Ratchet & Clank series, God of War, SOCOM, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Jak & Daxter, Guitar Hero, first editions of GTA, Bully...Yeah, I see your point.

Hey, you all know me, but I'm just going to say that I have no idea why so many people thing the original PlayStation was better than the N64. I mean, maybe everybody I know has a bad crop of games, but almost every PS game I've come in contact with was either a 2-D game, a 2-D/3-D game, or a 3-D game with butt-ugly graphics. Sure, like the PS2, it had a long life, but for how much Sony touted that thing as next-gen, I can honestly say the N64 has far more full-3-D games with better graphics than the PS (and don't even get me started on the the hardware issues...).

Look, the ability of a system to display 3D graphics means nothing in the long run. The PS1 and PS2 were the least powerful of their generations but the best-selling. That's usually for a reason. Maybe the lack of raw power is an incentive to do better, who knows?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:44 PM »
Uh, MGS2 and 3 are not PS2 exclusive.
I can think of a lot better exclusives though... FFXII, Growlanser 2 and 3, Ico, Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Colossus...
As for better graphics, big deal when the games themselves are lousy, and I don't know if it's because I'm playing on PS2 or not, but the resolution on PSX games is better than N64's standard also.

...Yeah, I really don't have much fun with N64 at all. Playing it makes me cringe. GameCube on the other hand was a great system and Wii will definitely be around for the whole generation span. As for "bizarre design" all Sony has done is rip off Nintendo with every successive generation. GCN didn't have anything bizarre except the four face buttons, and as I pointed out previously, it got some awesome exclusives as well. I will note however that PS2 was the only system without a complex last gen and didn't need to plaster "ONLY FOR" or "ONLY ON" all over its exclusive games.

Final thought: 3D does in no way make games better at all.
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
And while PS2 has a kickin' library of awesome, let's not forget GameCube titles such as Baten Kaitos, Odama, and Ikaruga.
What a weird list of notable exclusives...

Anyway, MGS2 came to Xbox but MGS3 is PS2 exclusive AFAIK.

And you people are loony. N64 kicks the ever-lovin' snot out of PS1.

BTW, IMO calling it PSX only made sense until the PS2 came out. PSX should have been retconned to PS1 at that time, since we then knew that there was going to be a pattern.

-Lizard Dude

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
Odama is one of the weirdest games ever and deserves its place in notability.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
Uh, MGS2 and 3 are not PS2 exclusive.
MGS3 is a PS2 exclusive. So to un-derail this thread, I will post more facts.

1. Tron is my favorite Disney movie.
2. I used to have fairly long hair but I got it cut.
3. My favorite book is probably Catcher in the Rye.
4. My favorite musical act is probably Neil Young.
5. Diddy Kong and Snake are my favorite Brawl characters.
6. I anticipated Mario Kart Wii over Smash Bros. Brawl.
7. My favorite restaurant is Fuddrucker's.
8. I use MySpace and it bothers me when people denounce it like some sort of evil entity.
9. We're no Strangers to love.
10. You know the Rules, and so do I.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I use MySpace too, I consider it a poor website that can breed some low people, but it is a great way to keep in touch with old friends, and sometimes make new ones.
Ditto used Machop!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
8. I use MySpace and it bothers me when people denounce it like some sort of evil entity.
I'm pretty sure you have denounced it several times.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
1. I like photography.
2. I play the drums.
3. I'm a "veteren member" of several other forums.
4. I had a fear of roller coasters that I overcame when I was 13.
5. My hair used to be extremely short, before I started growing it longer.
*6. I share an odd number of coincidences with one of my friends.
7. I suffered insomnia, immunity to pain, and several other strange side effects for two weeks after watching this video. To this day I still have no idea why the video caused the strange effects.
8. One of my hobbies is exploring abandoned buildings.
9. I will be working at my dad's company this summer. I'll be coding with HTML and a bit of Java.
10. I am allergic to certain processed foods.

*We both used to live in the same town. I moved to a different town in 4th grade, and in 5th grade, he moved to the same town I moved to. His mother and my father went to the same high school. They're both the same age. We both have the same drum teacher. We were born within five days of each other. We were in almost all of the same classes since 5th grade. And some more stuff too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:34:08 PM by CrzyFlmngMnkyHead »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2008, 01:24:34 PM »
1.My real name is Johnathan Machino (my last name is pronounced the way it's spelled.)
2.I'm Italian
3.I live in Brooklyn. (2 and 3 are a couple reasons why I like Mario so much.)
4.I fought the law and the law won.
5.I think Queen is the best band ever
6.I hate Myspace
7.I have Arachnophobia
8.I have two webbed toes
9.My favorite show is Scrubs
10.I own every single episode of that 70's show
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:33:53 PM by Johnny_Macho »
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »
7. I suffered insomnia, immunity to pain, and several other strange side effects for two weeks after watching this video. To this day I still have no idea why the video caused the strange effects.

Funny, I got all those after watching this video.
every

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
Someone on another forum said I probably suffered those symptoms because of some traumatic event in close resonance to the video that happened in the past.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »
Woah, woah, woah, what? Man, use that to your advantage!

It's like, there's this superhero who never sleeps and can't feel pain... but only if he watches that video once a month.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »
Then you can catch a virus that turns your arm all metal.

But in all seriousness, immunity to pain would probably make you not notice things like getting cut, burned, shot, etc. Not very good.
every

Print