Print

Author Topic: What Do You Actually Do At Your Job?  (Read 5413 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 11:07:06 PM »
STORY TIME:

In response to Suffix's post, I have decided to share the best lifeguard story of all time.

It was a cold day at the pool. I had thought that I would only be cleaning that day, for usually on the cooler summer days, no one comes to swim. Unfortunately for me, two figures appeared at the end of the parking lot. I knew they were coming to swim and that meant that I would have to get up into the chair. I didn't know, however, that one of the swimmers was blind. When the two young ladies arrived at the pool, I checked their passes, and they explained to me the situation of the younger's blindness. I was not especially prepared for this situation, and I was rightfully worried. They assuaged me my promising that she was an expert swimmer and that she would stay in the shallow end.

I began to nervously guard while she splashed around in the pool. By this time, the sky had cleared, and it began to warm up a bit. "Chuck Norris Man," as I began to call him, walked in, gave me a nod hello, and began his daily tanning and reading ritual near the poolside.

Just as Chuck began his new novel, what seemed like a Soviet missile fell into the pool. It was a bird. As the bird flapped hopelessly in the water, I knew that I had to get it out... but that would mean leaving the chair, and I couldn't do that until I was sure that the blind girl was out of the pool. I blew my whistle, and surprisingly she got out of the pool quickly. I dove in the pool, and rescued the struggling bird with my bare hands... which was rather stupid since there was a pole with a skimmer at the end close by. I released the bird next to Chuck's chair, and he gave me the signal of approval.

What a day.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 02:48:10 AM »
Ha ha, diving in to save a bird, awesome.

What is "the signal of approval"?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »
Why, it would be this.

Hurrah, my first image gag.

EDIT 011907: Similarly...

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:53:16 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 03:52:20 AM »
Are you sure it's not this?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
How else would a Chuck Norris approve anyone? Suffix is the win. Lizard Dude is, however, a very close second.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print