Print

Author Topic: Video Game Soundtrack thread  (Read 10286 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »
I can understand how credits can really affect how you feel about a game--after all, they're the last thing you see that wrap up everything--but I've never seen the original Okami credits so I can't compare (I probably should look them up like you said, though... I remember someone mentioning the PS2 ones' superiority, but I never really considered YouTube). And yet... I did feel like something was missing when I finished that game...

And I still don't have my new cover(s).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
Wow, I didn't know about them killing the credits, but I did know they took out the Clover logo and everything. Kinda disheartening.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Another article about Okami Wii having no credits. I guess instead it's replaced by credits for Ready at Dawn. Also includes Ready at Dawn's response about the missing credits, saying the Wii version was using up a lot more space than the PS2 version and they ran out of room on the disc. Capcom still claims it was taken out because of that Clover logo and they didn't have the source file. One of the comments points out that the people who originally worked on the game weren't even listed in the Wii manual.

And then yet another article, after posting the English translation of the complete letter that Okami's designer wrote about the missing credits and what it meant to him, the article reminds us of yet another credit-cutting of sorts in another game. When Manhunt 2 was in development, it went from Rockstar Vienna to Rockstar London. Well, none of the names of the people who worked on the game from Rockstar Vienna appeared in the final game, only names from Rockstar London. So the Vienna guys started making the game and contributed a lot... and then they aren't credited in the final game? As a result, there was a blog post listing all the names of the Vienna people who worked on the game.

Okay, back to illegal soundtracks and getting in before the lock. There's quite a few "in before the lock" images out there (abbreviated as IBTL), but I think the epic roll maneuver posted by ShadowBrain is the best.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:06:26 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
Whatever. Since you have SPCs and other emulated music file format files on the main site, they are not legal and shouldn't they be removed as well?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
You make an interesting point. "Unless otherwise noted, all of these SPCs were ripped by..."

Print