Print

Author Topic: LADX/OoS/OoA Recolorizations  (Read 4733 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:17 PM »

Technically, I started this a long time ago, but my work was destroyed (or at least lost somewhere where's it's not worth finding) when the old family computer crashed. Starting from scratch on my dad's laptop, I remade my work and then some.

Credit goes to Bruce Juice and Ness Zoogapop/Crooked Yoshi of Spriters Resource for ripping the original sprites (though I may have forgotten somebody...)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:57:10 PM »
With the SML2 stuff I could kind of forgive the JPEG compression a little, but now I can't see anything at all.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:58:53 PM »
Recoloring really requires little to no effort.
And it's a JPEG.

Not good.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »
Whoa, that's not the reception I expected.

Well, in any case, any suggestions on how I could do away with the compression? (it honestly looks fine to me. You do know they're supposed to be that small, right?)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
It's best to not change image formats. The originals were PNGs and yours should be as well.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
Well, I've got Photobucket... (and that's where I've been posting everyone else and no one complained, so... I don't know. Sorry, all)

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
Why are people complaining? This looks great!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:39:27 PM »
Well, I've got Photobucket... (and that's where I've been posting everyone else and no one complained, so... I don't know. Sorry, all)
According to a very quick check, I saw that Photobucket takes PNGs, so I don't get this excuse.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 05:10:43 AM »
I said image format, not image host.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
According to a very quick check, I saw that Photobucket takes PNGs, so I don't get this excuse.
What, you think think I'm putting up bad pictures on purpose? I put a picture on Photobucket, it turns into a JPEG. And I think it was actually originally a TIF.

Print