Print

Author Topic: Jepordy's Ultimate Tournament of Champion's Winner?  (Read 2663 times)

« on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:06 PM »
I've just have a few questions about this.

1. Since I was watching Greed on GSN (Game Show Network) when it happened, who won the two millon prize?

2. Are you happy that he won the Ultimate Tournament of Champions?

3. Who do you think should be Jepordy's next Tourment of Champions (Not the Ultimate Tournament of Champions?
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

A

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
I have come from the future to answer your question!

Brad Rutter won. Some random five-day champion from back in the day. It gave him the title of winningest game show contestant ever in terms of dollar amount.

Ken took the title back after winning $500,000 on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?, and won back his honor by beating Brad in the Watson match. Watson still beat both of them by a huge margin, of course, but Ken is still the only human to ever beat Brad at Jeopardy.

So yeah, in case you were still wondering.

The UToC was pretty comprehensive, even if it was pretty much just thrown together around Ken, and they've already had the two best players play against a robot. Where do they go now?

Have they done an actual celebrity one lately? The last one I remember was the one where Wolf Blitzer got his ass thoroughly kicked by Andy Richter, and that was like two years ago. Celebrities vs. Champions could be fun to watch, especially if there's a few celebrities mixed in who are actually smart (like Andy Richter). I'd love to see Lady Gaga playing against Ken Jennings, especially if it turned out she was pretty smart. And either way, it'd be great for ratings. Lots of people aren't at all up on who the famous Jeopardy players are, so their names alone wouldn't draw them in, and lots of people don't know and/or don't care about celebrities, so celebrities alone wouldn't draw them, but this would bring in Jeopardy fans, celebrity fans, and people who don't know either but want to see famous people playing against smart people. It could introduce a whole new generation to Jeopardy greats like Eddie Timanus (the blind guy).

So, who would you guys want to see on Celebrities vs. Champions?
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
I don't think Tingrio ever posts on here anymore.

Still, that post was too informative to count this as a negative bump. From here on out this is the general game show-related topic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
I dunno! To bump a six-year-old thread is kinda pressing your luck, don't you think?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Good to see that A isn't in jeopardy of being banned.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »
BP's post hit home for me because I am a legitimate fan of Press Your Luck. :D

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »
BP's post hit home for me because I am a legitimate urrrghblughhhhurg IHatePuns ughhhghsfdle
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print