Print

Author Topic: Luigison's Wager  (Read 3474 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »
I vow to no longer post in the angst, hopeful, you _, you _ threads, or anything on the forum games board.  If I do I'll take a self ban for at least one week.  To show my sincerity I'll ban myself now.  Maybe after a week I'll have something worthy of a new thread that's not copy/pasted from E3 press. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
Ooookay...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
I'm too cynical to post in the HOPEFUL thread, yet I'm too modest of my experiences to post in the ANGST thread. I hardly post in the you x you lose threads since I know that most of my posts would consist of "I lost" in varying degrees of fashion.

Saying that, I don't really see what the problem is. From what I'm hearing, this is a personal wager having absolutely nothing to do with us. With that, I feel compelled to reply with the likes of 'Cool Story Bro' and the relating sentiments. Hopefully this post has entertained you enough to make posting this thread worthwhile.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:25:21 PM by Kuromatsu »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
Those threads are usually pretty terrible, agreed.

But what's the point of announcing this? Do you want us to call you on it or something? You're probably better off posting in whatever thread you want, because your posting/not posting in them aren't going to make them go away at this point, unfortunately.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
Err, have fun with that.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:33 AM »
I hate this thread.
every

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:54:21 AM »
I wager it's not the thread you've hated the most.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »
Well, to be perfectly honest I actually don't have any strong opinions on this thread, I just think it's rather unnecessary.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
I could expect a thread like this from some others here, but Luigison?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
Sorry guys.  I was feeling a little disappointed in myself for posting in the angst, hopeful, you _, you _ threads without reading other peoples posts.  In the old days of this forum many of such posts would have been new threads that I would have read and possible responded to.  Longing for those days I realized that I was part of the problem (as I perceive it) by posting in such thread.  In the end this thread itself was unnecessary and didn't/won't help anyway. 

Edit:  A couple of days ago I went through a lot of the angst, hopeful, you _, you _,  and similar threads/boards.  I came across a lot of good posts and pages of discussion there and although my position that new threads are usually better than posting in a generic thread still stands, I have decided that my boycott of such threads/boards is more apathetic than useful. So, I withdraw my personal wager. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:44:41 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print