Print

Author Topic: Age limit for crafts?  (Read 1736 times)

« on: August 18, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
This weekend, I'm going to a family reunion. To keep it interesting, since it's yearly, there have been themes the last few, like westerns, Las Vegas/ Candyland, for adults and kids, respectively, and this years is pirates. So, all the food will be kinda pirate-y, people dress up, and there are pirate themed activities for the kids. Sitting here thinking about it, and I thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own pirate flags, with cloth and different felt shapes and stuff.  But I'm not up to date on the family ages, anywhere from 5-14, so I ask you:

When does interest for crafts like this wane in kids? Would the older kids get bored? There are other things planned to keep them entertained, but I thought it might be neat. And that's why I bring it to you.     
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »
Around nine or ten, I'd say. Perhaps you could just aim the crafts towards the younger ones.

Of course, some of the older kids may know that one is never too old to make awesome [dukar] out of felt.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print