Print

Author Topic: Technical Help  (Read 5126 times)

« on: March 26, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
Please, I need help with a stupid question. I'm using a floppy disk to store my data for a project. I don't know how to upload it! I can save it into the floppy, but I can't upload it into word.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 07:13:47 PM »
Can't get it into Word, you say? I will make the following recommendations:

1. Most simply, right click the file and choose "Open With...", then find Word or WINWORD.EXE or the like.
2. If it won't open, then either the file's corrupted or the floppy is stupid. Or both. Either way, I recommend emailing the file to yourself if Word won't open the file.

If you don't want to do the second one, could you tell me the extension of the file? If you can't see it, then click Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Deselect "Hide extensions." Then you'll be able to see the extension.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »
Oh, actually, I can't find the file source when I put the floppy in.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 08:13:24 PM »
What type of file is it in?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »
I'm not sure I understand that. Are you saying it doesn't appear? At all?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »
That's why I stopped using floppies long ago. I usually email things to myself, and when that doesn't work I write files to CDs.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 09:22:37 PM »
Go into Word, click File, click Open, and from the pull-down menu at the top, click "A:", most likely.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 02:16:00 AM »
Um... maybe some screenshots will help? Do you know how to do them? If not... for all the viewers at home, simply press Alt + Print Screen, then go into a certain program (eg: Paint, any Office program, pretty much anything that can paste images) and save the image.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »
Go into Word, click File, click Open, and from the pull-down menu at the top, click "A:", most likely.

That's what I wanted to know.

I just didn't know what to do next after inserting the floppie.

OK, Problem solved.

Another problem. How can you show pictures of your desktop? (Wallpaper, icons, and taskbar all in one.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:27:56 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »
When viewing your desktop, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard (by F12). This sends an image of your screen to the clipboard. To save it, go into a picture editing program like Paint and Edit -> Paste, then you can save the file.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 01:11:18 AM »
Hehehe...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
Thanks again. Also, would it be okay if anyone else could use this topic to ask questions about working several parts of their computer?

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
Clipboard? What do you mean?

I pressed PrintScreen. What do I do now?

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 06:27:19 PM »
I pressed it, but nothing came up. I'm using IE btw.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »
That matters not. Press print screen. It copies it to the "clipboard," a little place in thecomputer where temp data is stored. Now, go into MSPaint.  Press Edit --> Paste from the menu at the top.  You will have your screen pasted in MS paint.

Oh, and BirdPerson, I thought you'd be a Firefox person. Please don't use IE.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print