Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394552 times)

« Reply #1350 on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
Quote from: Gamasutra
owners of the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim are unable to play co-op without buying a hard drive for their system, even though flash memory is interchangeable with hard drive storage for most Xbox 360 titles.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1351 on: September 17, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
Being forced to spend an extra $100 to be able to use one feature of a single massively-popular game because you bought the lower-priced Xbox 360 model Microsoft has been actively advertising doesn't exactly seem funny to me.

« Reply #1352 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:54 PM »
Anyone who bought an Xbox 360 that only has 4 gigabytes of hard drive space is probably retarded.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1353 on: September 18, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »
I don't see how this is a problem with the user in any way when every other Xbox 360 game fully works on the 4GB Slim (aside from the user having bought Halo: Reach).

« Reply #1354 on: September 19, 2010, 02:17:27 AM »
This seems like just a programming/testing oversight related to the different nature of the 4GB's storage and will be patched quickly I suspect.

Reach is sweet sweet multiplayer FPS goodness per usual Bungie, but I do miss having bobman on my Rocket Race team to help repeatedly yell "I'M MASTER CHIEF!" at other players over proximity chat whenever assigned the green team.

I never much dug Extreme, so it was my surprise to find Space Invaders: Infinity Gene to be TOTALLY MEGA AWESOME.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1355 on: September 19, 2010, 03:06:05 AM »
Didn't you only play the XBLA port of the PSP port of SIE (the worst version)?

« Reply #1356 on: September 19, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »
Mmm, yup. *shrug* Would it really have mattered?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1357 on: September 19, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
Yeah, because none of them are Space Invaders Extreme 2, which is far better than any version of the original.

(For the record, though, the DS version of SIE is the best version. When the game was ported to the PSP, they had to change a lot of stuff that was designed for a dual-screen vertical layout to work on a widescreen horizontal layout, which screwed stuff up enough, but then Backbone went and did a crap job porting that for XBLA. Also, the DS version had the proper Zuntata soundtrack composed specifically for the game; the other versions had a generic techno soundtrack, which kind of defeats the purpose when the music is affected by the gameplay.)

« Reply #1358 on: September 19, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »
I'll buy that, especially for the music reasons, but please don't tell me that Infinity Gene (360) can't live up to an iPhone game.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1359 on: September 20, 2010, 07:35:56 PM »
Considering how much gushing I've heard about it, I would guess the XBLA version of Infinity Gene is at worst just as good as the iOS version, which was already supposed to be pretty great (and a Taito fanboy's wet dream).

« Reply #1360 on: September 20, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
This week:

Civilization V
Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition
Cladun: This is an RPG
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
Blade Kitten
Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
Alien Breed 2: Assault

And for Deezer this week we have Nintendo Countdown Calendar.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1361 on: September 20, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
I got a promotional catgirl head-on-a-stick for Blade Kitten at PAX. And as far as Cladun goes, self-referential jokes never fails to get my attention.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1362 on: September 20, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »
Cladun looks awesome. I'm basically just sitting around right now refreshing the PS Store until they put this week's games up so I can buy it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1363 on: September 20, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV is trying to be Crysis in the "good luck running this at max settings" department.

Civilization V won't run on any of the ancient computers in my house because it requires a dual-core processor.

If Cladun gets a UMD release I'll buy it. NIS America has been pretty good about doing that with these $20 titles (Disgaea Infinite, What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2, Half-Minute Hero), but we'll see.

I've owned Etrian Odyssey II for almost a year and not even started it, so probably not getting the new one any time soon.

« Reply #1364 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:02 AM »
Wow, Sony busted out something unexpected: PSone imports. The first titles available today are Cho Aniki and Gaia Seed.

Print