Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394909 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #780 on: May 26, 2009, 05:19:03 PM »
Seriously? They put on the Genesis version of ClayFighter instead of the SNES version? Which has greater color depth and no dithering?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #781 on: May 26, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
How are Secret Agent Clank and inFAMOUS boring?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #782 on: May 26, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
Because Secret Agent Clank came out a year ago and inFamous is low on my list of open-city games I still need to play.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #783 on: May 27, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »
I was going to post something on here yesterday asking whether there was anything worth playing this week after looking at Tom Chick's post about the week's releases, but decided against it.

If I had a Wii I might be interested in the two WiiWare titles.

I saw that Fallout 3 pack when I was at GameStop yesterday. I doubt it's worth the $20.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #784 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:14 PM »
Weak week, if you ask me. Up's out, though? Maybe...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »
Hey, where's the release stuff?

Having read some stuff about it, I'm giving serious thought to purchasing The Sims 3 at some point in the near future. However, after my personal fiasco with the Spore Galactic Edition (in which I didn't get that version and it's now dropped in price to less than what the standard one cost when it came out - I may buy it at some point just to have an extra five installs [which I really don't need anyway] and the neat stuff in the package), it'll probably be the special edition from the start (though DRM isn't a concern here).

Also, regarding something I said a couple of weeks ago regarding Colonization: It dropped to $20 when the pack came out. Another probable buy.

« Reply #786 on: June 05, 2009, 02:44:28 AM »
Ultro-late update thanks to TEM distracting me. I've always ignored PSN releases because unlike everyone else, they never announce anything until Thursday when it all gets put up in the PlayStation Store. But since I'm so late this week, I added it in. I think I'll include PSN from now on, but it will be added in Thursday and I will only post again if there's something big. So you'll have to check for yourself if you care.

I will definitely play Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, but I'd like to replay FFIV first, maybe the DS version.

I'll also get Wolfenstein 3D for pure nostalgia. It was my first FPS!

Final Fantasy VII finally gets rereleased. Remember when those cutscenes and summons looked mind-blowingly good? No plans to replay this anytime soon, but like many people I have a special place in my heart for ol' VII.

This is the second week in a row that GHWT has had a free song released.

And for Deezer this week we have Imagine: Boutique Owner.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #787 on: June 05, 2009, 04:34:32 AM »
Oh my, I can actually play Final Fantasy VII on the PSP now? I might as well go dust that thing off.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #788 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:38 AM »
I can't recall if W3D or Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold was my first real FPS, but both rule, and the former could always use more rereleases.

Knights in the Nightmare is a crazy turn-based real-time strategy RPG with gameplay akin to a danmaku shooter. In other words, it's an overly-hectic amalgam of genres that doesn't work very well. I enjoyed playing what I got through in the Japanese version, though.

I already talked about the only other game I care about this week in a previous post.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #789 on: June 05, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
Ah, Wolf and Blake, my good buddies that got me through a rather depressing stretch of time that I had to endure with my PS1 broken.

I never could beat Wolf 3D on "Death Incarnate" difficulty.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #790 on: June 05, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
FFIV: The After Years is pretty cool, but it has the fastest battle transition known to man and I'm trying to figure out why. They don't do the mode 7 zoom even though they simulate mode 7 stuff with airships in the first minute of the game.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #791 on: June 05, 2009, 01:01:23 PM »
I only just got to the moon on FFIVDS (seriously, why The Blue Marble? Why did they use the single most overused stock photo of Earth ever to represent a planet that's not even Earth rather than making their own, even if it's just for half a second?), but I'm already playing TAY. It's rather sweet. I just hope it's not quite as short as it seems.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #792 on: June 05, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »
Yeah, I didn't understand why they used a picture of Earth either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #793 on: June 09, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »
I remember seeing some Blueberry Garden vids a long time ago and thinking I wanted to play it. I haven't heard much since, but I guess it's out!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is bundled with Wii MotionPlus.

Now please excuse me; I have a lot of Rock Band to play.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #794 on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:25 AM »
I remember seeing some Blueberry Garden vids a long time ago and thinking I wanted to play it. I haven't heard much since, but I guess it's out!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is bundled with Wii MotionPlus.

Now please excuse me; I have a lot of Rock Band to play.

And for Deezer this week we have Petz Fashion: Dogz & Catz.
Fixed.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print