Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394827 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #990 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
http://whatareyouwait.info/download.php

This game seems cool, I'm going to play it and donate 5 dollars when my computer is reassembled.

« Reply #991 on: October 05, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »
Electric Six in Rock Band. YES. "Gay Bar" will instantly jump to #1 for vocal part fun-rating. (Also Flobots.)

UmJammer Lammy was great times back in the day but rhythm games have come a long way since then. Play at your own risk.

Final Fantasy was great times back in the day but JRPGs have come a long way since then. Play at your own risk.

Afrika is Pokémon Snap in Africa with PS3 graphical power.

Then there's this game called Demon's Souls? I think I heard TEM mention it once.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #992 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:03 PM »
My brother got Fighting With Tools last fall and wouldn't stop playing it for the longest time, so I really could live without hearing Handlebars again.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes looks like another contender for the Ratatouille Award.

I'm not really interested in any games this week, to be honest, aside from possibly Lucidity.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #993 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »
Oh, hey, Afrika finally came out.

Oh, and man, do I hate "Everybody Want You".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

« Reply #994 on: October 06, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
alskdgjoawigaoitjaoidgfkas[ginams

Amazon.com original predicted Demon's Souls would arrive at my house with the preorder bonuses on the 8th.

I just tracked the package and it's due to arrive today in real time.

YEEEAAAAHHH BOOOOOIIIII!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #995 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
I got Final Fantasy yesterday.  It didn't age well, but if this is a sign of future Final Fantasy VC games I'm thrilled. 

I also now have three Guitar Hero games and plan to get Rock Band soon.  I need a good guitar and drum set for PS3 that'll work with both series.  Any suggestions? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #996 on: October 06, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
I prefer the Guitar Hero 3 guitar and the Rock Band 2 drums. If you're not willing to mix and match, I would say go with Rock Band 2.

Note: I have not tried TBRB instruments

TEM

« Reply #997 on: October 06, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
Demon's Souls is awesome and is fairly challenging. However, the people that are claiming it is the hardest game ever are wussies with a capital "P".

« Reply #998 on: October 07, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
Mind explaining to me how difficult it is exactly using colorful language and euphemisims?

I hope its not some faux-difficulty like in Ninja Gaiden, even though they're in two completely different genres.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #999 on: October 07, 2009, 01:36:50 AM »
Why is Ninja Gaiden "faux-difficult"?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1000 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
I'm going to say "it's not, or at least it's not in the way that games which impose artificial difficulty in ways like five-second time limits to kill twenty enemies or you die, or placing a boss in the player's path unexpectedly and at a point where he or she can never handle it, are."

But then, we have people here who consider Ice Climber to be artificially difficult and want a remake with better horizontal jumping, so...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1001 on: October 07, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
Electric Six in Rock Band. YES. "Gay Bar" will instantly jump to #1 for vocal part fun-rating. (Also Flobots.)

Yeeeeeess. Well, I mean, that'd be what I'd've said if I'd've owned Rock Band.
every

« Reply #1002 on: October 12, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
A Boy and His Blob Wii... do want.

« Reply #1003 on: October 15, 2009, 11:07:23 PM »
Gosh I'm late this week!

Brütal Legend has probably the most humor-packed first couple hours of any game in history. Games are really very poor at being actually funny but Tim Schafer hits it out of the park (as always). The gameplay is very genre mashup. I'd call it a GTA/beat-em-up/Pikmin/RTS. The multiplayer is 100% RTS though.

The two demos of Half-Minute Hero whipped me up into a frothy storm of desire for the game, but I still can't find it anywhere it town yet. Man! Furthermore, it isn't available on this week's PSN update so I can't even download it. PSP Go owners are screwed! I thought they'd only be getting games 2 days after release but apparently they'll have to wait weeks if current trends are normal.

I still haven't managed to beat Satch Boogie, making it the only RB song I can't beat! And I can handle Caprici de Diablo no problem!

« Reply #1004 on: October 15, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »
And for Deezer this week we have Petz Pony Beauty Pageant.

Print