Print

Author Topic: Mr Face  (Read 2959 times)

« on: June 29, 2001, 09:16:14 AM »
Browsing through your letters pages, I can't help but notice a preponderance of Mr. Face, the loveable Nintendorks mascot.

Really, now. When it's possible for a semi-naked stickman in red underpants to reach cult status, is it REALLY that hard for you lot to get up off your arses and design your own mascot? Mmm?

Edited by - Mantrid47 on 6/29/2001 8:17:38 AM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2001, 03:05:20 AM »
Remember Mushroom Boy in that one mailbag I did? I was thinking of making him the mascot... JJ even drew a picture of what we think he should look like.

The good thing is I've already established him as a caustic smart-ass that we staff members can use instead of sounding mean ourselves.
The bad thing is, I feel "Mushroom Boy" is too plain of a name, and the abbreviation name (MB) might cause confusion with MEGAߥTE's abbreviation (Mß).

What do you guys think out there?

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2001, 04:39:21 PM »
Mr. Face appeared on TMK as a sort of a running gag... when recording WTMK promos, we through in one with "Perhaps the most famous member of the Nintendo website community"... naturally, Mr. Face. It kind of grew from there...

Actually, you're getting Mr. Face and Mr. Pants mixed up.

I'd go with Mr. Mushroom...
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2001, 06:08:57 PM »
I really have no problem with Mr. Face, and Deezer seems to have a lot of original info and animated gifs.. So i would have to say  that this is a slightly above average site.

From the Titanium Super Star:

:::;Titanium Mario;:::
:::;Titanium Mario;:::

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2001, 08:18:46 AM »
maybe call him mr. mushroom boy or MMB.

All hail the almighty Oreo cookie master.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2001, 12:09:20 PM »
Wonder of wonders - You can identify Mr. Pants from a description. But Mantrid was clearly explaining how easily crap images can become mascots, not saying that Mr. Face is Mr. Pants.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2001, 01:51:19 PM »
Mr. Face not Mr. Pants! Mr. Face NE-VER wrong!
* Mr. Face say this post is awesome. Mr. Face NE-VER wrong!

Print